Dixon CAD Drafter in Stevensville, Maryland
Hydrasearch is involved in the design, development, and manufacturing of fluid systems and components utilized in demanding military and commercial applications. Our products can be found on submarines, surface ships, helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, tanks, and ground equipment throughout the world. At Hydrasearch, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nation’s heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
We're looking for a Drafter to join our team in Stevensville on Maryland's eastern shore. The drafter will support product innovation and manufacturing by working with product engineers to create drawings and perform various tests to prove out concepts. Responsibilities include reading, understanding and modifying red-line corrections and producing drawings using CAD systems. Associates Degree or equivalent drafting experience required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with product engineers to create product drawings and prove concepts.
- Use CAD equipment to prepare routine layouts and detail drawings, sketches and diagrams.
- Interpreting and following mechanical drawings
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to read blue prints and understand mechanical drawings
- Ability to read measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers
- Ability to use advanced mathematics
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Self-structured team player
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Associates or better
Posted: September 16, 2016