HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Clinical Educator - Tampa Community Hospital in St Petersburg, Florida
*Position Summary: *
Responsible for staff development and competency of Tampa Community Hospital employees. Facilitates evidence based, safe, efficient and effective patient care through initial and ongoing validation of staff competency. Acts as a highly visible and engaged clinical resource by performing daily rounds in assigned clinical locations.
- Facilitates new employee orientation by establishing goals, coaching preceptors, communicating with department directors, and participating in competency assessment.
- Supports staff development from novice to expert in patient care areas, including but not limited to medical, surgical, oncology, radiology, respiratory, and rehab departments as defined by the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Executes West Florida Division standard education, training and competency assessment activities.
- Demonstrates desired patient experience behaviors, patient safety practices and evidence based standards of practice in daily work.
- Creates individual staff professional development and remediation plans.
- Provides opportunities for education, training and staff development in the patient care area.
- Interacts with staff through a flexible work schedule that provides training opportunities for all shifts and employees including nights and weekends.
_Licensure / Certification / Registration:_ * Current Florida RN License * Nursing certification (CMSRN, RN-BC, or similar)
_Education: _ * Bachelor’s Degree required/Master’s Degree preferred
_Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: _ * BLS and ACLS provider * 5 years of recent acute care nursing experience * Effective written, oral and electronic communicator * Manages multiple priorities effectively
_Degree of Supervision:_ * Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative setting
_Work Environment / Conditions:_ * Sitting: 20% Standing 40% Walking 40% * Available to work a flexible schedule * Manages stress appropriately * Handles multiple priorities * Makes decisions under pressure
Title: RN Clinical Educator - Tampa Community Hospital
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-WCF Shared Services
Requisition ID: 01380-7775