Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Nursing Supervisor (RN) - PRN days or nights
Location: United States-Florida-St Petersburg-Northside Hospital %26 Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Other Locations: null
Founded in 1976, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. Northside is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration will supervise and coordinate the operational and personnel activities throughout the facility. The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration will act as an administrative liaison for all departments for the defined shift for which he/she is responsible. The Supervisor recognizes that each patient is an individual to be treated with dignity and respect, and is also committed to being responsive to the needs of the patient's family or significant other.
The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration combines the knowledge bases of nursing and management to make decisions and or recommendation relative to:
· The delivery of responsive quality patient care based on the nursing process
· The assessment of unit staffing needs and the appropriate placement of nursing personnel.
· The serving as a resource person and role model for all personnel.
· The communication of identified problem situations to the Director of Nursing Services.
· To promote continuity of hospital operations through the interpretation and enforcement of hospital policies and procedures.
· Meets with patients, family members and other customers to discuss concerns and unmet needs. Coordinates the response.
· Manages the resolution of issues that arise during the course of the shift .Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital Administrator. Determines need to contact Administrator on Call.
· Evaluates issues and identifies trends. Communicates trends to hospital leadership and collaborates on problem solving to address trended issues.
· Serves as the leader of the hospital safety plan in the absence of hospital administrators and other leaders. Includes coordinating the response to reported incidents including employee injuries.
· Monitors and evaluates clinical standards within the Hospital.
Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
This position will not include reimbursement for interview or relocation expenses.
• Current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida.
• Current certification as a BLS through the American Heart Assocation required. ACLS and PALS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association desired. National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification also required...available online, free of charge, atwww.strokeassociation.org.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience.
• Basic knowledge of main functional areas within the Hospital.
• Minimum 2 years managerial experience in clinical nursing within hospital environment preferred.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.