Caribou Coffee Shift Supervisor in St. Paul, Minnesota
Job Description Position Mission: The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the store in the absence of the Store Manager or the Assistant Store Manager. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the team has a clear understanding of goals, expectations, products, cleanliness, new directives and customer connections during the shift. This position manages the shift requirements for labor, customer service and employee tasks, in accordance to Caribou Coffee standards. The Shift Supervisor maintains a consistent and outstanding guest experience while supporting daily sales goals.
- Problem solving.
- Managing the guest experience.
- Maintaining the look and feel of a well-run store.
- Driving for results.
- Managing multiple priorities.
- Being resilient under pressure.
Demonstrating leadership. Essential Functions:
Guest Service/Shift work.
- Ensures guests are welcomed into the store.
- Ensures consistency in beverage preparation.
- Develops personal ongoing relationships with customers.
Supports Team Member functions as necessary to provide seamless customer service to guests. Employee Relations/Coaching:
Manages team to ensure positive customer experience.
- Creates a positive atmosphere for the staff.
- Provides ongoing feedback to team members on their successes and areas for improvement.
- Provides tools to help Team Members sell coffee and promotional items.
- Coaches team members on such items as proper methods of brewing, crafting drinks and teas, weighing bulk, grinding, register and cash handling, other daily shift tasks and methods in guest services.
Promotes professional growth of Team Members. Store Upkeep/Cleaning:
Ensures floors are scrubbed/cleaned.
- Keeps a weekly cleaning staff check list.
- Assigns cleaning and preparation tasks among all Team Members.
Ensures that the next shift members are set up for success by stocking all products, cleaning all areas of the store and completing the store maintenance sheets. Administrative:
Assists in creating schedules when needed.
- Compiles the shift log.
- Supports financial reviews.
Supports new product rollouts. Principal Accountabilities:
Knowledge of store operations.
- Ability to train Team Members store functions.
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Ability to learn and perform Team Member level roles.
- Ability to maintain records of personnel, inventories, sales and banking/accounting records preferred.
- Strong recruiting skills (sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessment and selection) preferred. Bookkeeping skills preferred.
Proven ability to increase profits in similar operations preferred. Required Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one year of restaurant, retail or customer service experience required, or properly trained and approved by Caribou Coffee to take responsibility as a Shift Supervisor.
- May require the ability to work early mornings, evenings, some holidays and/or weekends.
Must be at least 18 years of age. Physical Demands:
The physical requirements for this position are hearing, speaking, seeing, carrying, bending, walking, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 30 pounds, and being able to stand for 4 to 8 hours, or the ability to accomplish the physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations. * The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.*
Caribou Coffee Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and does not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.*
Job number: 836603
Category: Restaurant Staff
Location: MN, St. Paul, 230 SPRING ST