HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Account Representative in St Louis, Missouri
Patient Account Representative – Early Out / Earth City, Missouri Location /
Summary: The function of the Patient Account Representative is to act as an extension of the business office team for an assigned healthcare facility (ies). This position is customer service focused and driven by a fast-paced dialer. The representative is expected to meet a variety of performance metrics while providing exemplary communication to the patients and hospitals that we serve.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform collections activity based on collection queue/production goals by making outbound and receiving inbound telephone calls from patients who owe medical bills.
- Provide first-rate customer service as first priority in a transparent environment as an extension of our client.
- Work in a multitude of healthcare patient accounting systems to assist patient in resolving account.
- Maintain a working knowledge of client policies and procedures.
- Follow established call model to collect balance in full or secure payment arrangements prior to the account moving to Bad Debt.
- Maintain acceptable call quality as determined by the Management staff.
- Assist the Unit Manager or Team Lead in working priority reports promptly, effectively, and efficiently and serve as a mentor to new employees by assisting with their training and development.
- Close out an appropriate number of accounts each month as determined by Management and use appropriate account maintenance on each account worked, including entering notes which detail actions.
- Work with insurance companies as needed and complete any necessary correspondence to facilitate account resolution.
- Escalate patient complaint calls as necessary to appropriate leadership for resolution.
- Accept constructive criticism and listen to recorded calls in an effort to improve call quality and collection dollars.
- Achievement of daily/weekly/monthly collection fee goals.
- Strict adherence to HIPAA, HiTech and all state and federal regulations relating to account collections and patient privacy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of collections helpful, but not required. Capable of meeting production goals. High school diploma or equivalent. Experience: Minimum 1 year work experience in customer service, medical billing or collections. Prefer experience providing training and feedback to less experienced associates and experience in production driven environment. Experience with standard office software products a must.
Skills/Aptitudes:Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly. Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
/Disclaimer:/The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. EOE
Title: Patient Account Representative
Location: Missouri-St Louis-St Louis Shared Svcs (SLC SS) - RCPS
Requisition ID: 26587-115323