The Washington Post Utility Mailer / Warehouse Work / Weekends, Evenings and Overnights in Springfield, Virginia
As a part-time, on-call Utility Mailer, you’ll work in our Production and Manufacturing plant and perform a range of duties essential to getting The Washington Post on the streets and into readers’ hands: feeding advertising material into production machinery, lifting and stacking newspaper bundles; and more.
It’s a 7-day-a-week, 24-hour work environment that demands dedication, focus, a commitment to producing a top-notch paper.
Location is not metro accessable
- Assist with production duties as required during peak periods
Lift/stack newspaper bundles with/without forklifts
Operate heavy production machinery
- Follow appropriate safety procedures
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Track record of reliable attendance and workplace accuracy
- Access to reliable transportation to our production plant in Springfield, VA
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
Ability to work well in an industrial, high-noise environment
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven workplace
- Ability to follow Personal Protection Equipment policies
- Ability to be accountable for personal performance
- Some experience working in a plant environment or doing manual labor (desired)Hours vary based upon business needs.
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Part time