Serco Search & Discovery Proj. Support (EMERALD) NC51879665 in Springfield, Virginia
Search & Discovery Proj. Support (EMERALD) NC51879665Springfield, VA, US
Job Description Applies knowledge and experience in acquisition program management to specified programs throughout their life cycles. Demonstrates complete competency in all aspects of acquisition management and are capable of evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Identifies problems and recommends solutions with little or no supervision and devises new approaches to encountered problems. Develops the management of acquisition strategy for assigned projects as directed by the program director. Evaluates program and mission requirements to establish detailed objectives and integrate these activities with other program and functional elements within the program office and outside organizations. Implements plans by preparing and reviewing program documents such as detailed acquisition plans, development and production schedules, engineering change proposals, design studies, etc. Defends the program position at program reviews, conferences, and other functions, providing higher level management with status and decision information on assigned program(s).
Total Lifecycle Acquisition Management Support Services
The contractor shall provide the client with support services that span the breadth of the total lifecycle acquisition management process. Contractors must be able to provide advisory assistance related to any step in the total lifecycle acquisition management system for any client acquisition.
• Coordinate and participate in design, development, and deployment meetings to ensure requirements are correctly defined.
• Participate in OGS Management Office strategic planning activities designed to formulate and document the long-term vision and goals of the client
• Facilitate the accurate capture and definition of user stories into the Agile development environment
• Participate in the definition and documentation of GO search taxonomies and navigational pathways to enable enterprise-wide discovery of GEOINT content
• Develop and maintain GO website content as needed for the PMO-owned site sections to include agency Product and Services, About, Newsroom, and Support (FAQs, Glossary, Tutorials)
• Develop and maintain GO Security Policy and Procedures documentations for each GO deployment environment (multiple domains).
• Assist in the development of Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) documents between GO and external systems and content providers to facilitate the successful integration and maintenance of content
• Create and maintain GO Baseline Capabilities document for inclusion in GO As-Built RFC submission. Update documentation through each baseline release to accurately reflect new system capabilities and functionality.
• Create and submit weekly eGEOINT Internal Activity Reports (IAR) documenting key accomplishments related to GO PMO activities.
• Maintain routine interface with the agency Office of Corporation Communications (OCC) to facilitate disposition of any issues arising between the client website and GO site.
• Prepare and present briefing materials as needed for Project milestones as defined in the PMF.
• Technical review and assessments of current DoD and IC community efforts in the area of Data Discovery as they relate to GO Project plans and objectives.
**Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.**
Required Skills Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years relevant experience; or Master’s degree and 2-4 years experience; or 10 years of acquisition management experience (Government or industry) of which 5 years must be in a defense acquisition program as either a program/project manager, IPT lead, or sub-IPT lead.
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
• Customer-service and goal oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to perform independent research. Must be able to articulate and champion government positions
• Experience writing white papers, developing programmatic plans and strategy
• Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities
• Demonstrated understanding of the geospatial intelligence mission and its contributions to the client Enterprise
• Extensive knowledge of discovery programs, initiatives, and architectures. Special emphasis of geospatial information is required to support core technology program access to online geospatial information.
• Demonstrated understanding of Acquisition processes
• Able to articulate and champion government positions
• Experience with writing Acquisition and CM related documents to including SOWs, RFCs, ECPs, SRDs, and CONOPs
• Experience with readiness processes and procedures
• Active TS/SCI + poly required.
• Familiarity with Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 51879665
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our customers deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.2 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Program Management & Acquisition Support
Department Serco’s National Security Services Business Unit is comprised of over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology. We also provide our customers a wide range of services including logistics planning, acquisition management and support, third-party logistics, and logistics IT applications.