Serco Business Process Analyst (EMERALD) NC51864311 in Springfield, Virginia
Business Process Analyst (EMERALD) NC51864311Springfield, VA, US
Job Description Analyzes and documents one or more of an organization's processes. Meets with subject matter experts within the organization to gather process information and/or requirements. Designs and documents new processes and obtains organizational feedback. Communicates process flows or requirements to staff for software development efforts or as part of procedural training. May interact with senior level staff to propose process modifications.
Serves as an advisor to a Government-led team that:
• Oversees one or more portfolios, consisting of multiple initiatives and projects
• Provides technical expertise and assistance to the Agency Office directors and Government representatives on portfolio, initiative, program or project level matters
• Participates in Governance Boards, Working Groups, Integrated Product Teams (IPT), and studies as appropriate.
Required Skills Required qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance + poly
• Ability to plan, develop, monitor, control, analyze, report and communicate a fully sequenced, resource-loaded project schedule to various stakeholders utilizing the Critical Path Method (CPM)
• Ability to identify and track technical, business, and programmatic risks or issues, obtain and analyze data for impacts, and communicate results with recommended mitigation options to various stakeholder levels within the Government, from working level to Agency Director or higher.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in performing most aspects of the project life cycle, process groups, and project processes, to include inputs/outputs of each, as laid out in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Projects in Controlled Environments (PRINCE2), or equivalent.
• Ability to respond to environmental changes and contain strong interpersonal skills with respect to leadership, team building, motivation, communication, influencing, negotiating, trust building, conflict management, coaching, cultural and political awareness.
• Strong oral, written, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Proficient in MS Office tools to include PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, and Word.
• Master's degree in project management preferred.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred, with demonstrated experience and application of Project Management Institute (PMI) tools and techniques delivering capabilities.
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 51864311
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our customers deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.2 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Program Management & Acquisition Support
Department Serco’s National Security Services Business Unit is comprised of over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology. We also provide our customers a wide range of services including logistics planning, acquisition management and support, third-party logistics, and logistics IT applications.