Serco Agile Acquisition SME (EMERALD) NC51879661 in Springfield, Virginia
Agile Acquisition SME (EMERALD) NC51879661Springfield, VA, US
Job Description Applies knowledge and experience in acquisition program management to specified programs throughout their life cycles. Demonstrates mastery of the acquisition process and areas relating to acquisition policy matters including acquisition streamlining, integrated systems management, manning, best practices and lessons learned. Demonstrates extensive expertise in interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Applies extensive knowledge to exploration of the subject area, definition of scope, and selection of problems for investigation. Applies extensive and diverse knowledge to acquisition management problems. Supports the System Program Director periodically at executive levels within the government and other contractor organizations, including major program reviews, inspections, conferences, and other program evaluations and major milestone events. Interacts frequently between the program office, supporting government offices, other contractors, and higher headquarters mid to upper level staff. Is assigned almost exclusively to support major acquisition programs.
-Total Lifecycle Acquisition Management Support Services
The contractor shall provide the NGA with support services that span the breadth of the total lifecycle acquisition management process. Contractors must be able to provide advisory assistance related to any step in the total lifecycle acquisition management system for any client acquisition.
• Supports the implementation of the full measure of the agency vision for agile acquisition to adopt new, flexible, transparent, and rapid business processes
• Supports the Agile Acquisition Senior Advisor in the transforming the cultural and behavioral elements that define how agency accomplishes its acquisition methods.
• Researches and analyzes a breadth of agile acquisition related topics and provides professional quality briefings, reports, and white papers as requested by Agile Acquisition Senior Advisor.
• Researches, analyzes and provides written recommendations for new and innovative acquisition strategies (i.e. business and pricing strategy for applications development for a new GEOINT Apps Store.)
• Development of professional quality briefings, white papers, schedules, etc. as requested by the Agile Acquisition Senior Advisor.
• Plans, schedules and facilitates a variety of exchanges and meetings with the agency Acquisition workforce, customers, stakeholders, industry to improve the way agency does business and accelerate our understanding and application of emerging commercial processes and technologies.
**Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.**
Required Skills Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of relevant experience; Master’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience; or 12 years of acquisition management experience (Government or industry) of which 7 years must be in a defense acquisition program as either a program/project manager, Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead, or sub-IPT lead.
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
• Knowledge of agency’s Vision and Strategic Initiatives.
• Possess excellent writing and oral communication skills, excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, be customer focused and detail oriented, and have keen briefing skills and the ability to facilitate large or small groups.
• Experience interfacing and communicating with senior executive leadership both in Government and industry Knowledge of DoD and ODNI acquisition policy and process
• Possess problem identification/resolution skills, flexibility, initiative, and the proven ability to work with senior executives efficiently and effectively.
• Experience assisting with strategic level issues.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
• Demonstrated understanding of the geospatial intelligence mission and its contributions to the IC.
• Ability to perform independent research.
• Ability to prioritize time and efforts across multiple activities to meet government requirements within schedule and scope.
• Possess excellent computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and data base experience.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting Government projects and/or acquisition programs to include using automated tools such as Microsoft Project.
• Active TS/SCI + poly required.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 51879661
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our customers deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.2 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Program Management & Acquisition Support
Department Serco’s National Security Services Business Unit is comprised of over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology. We also provide our customers a wide range of services including logistics planning, acquisition management and support, third-party logistics, and logistics IT applications.