Serco Acquisition Mgmt Spec IV (EMERALD) NC51857765 in Springfield, Virginia
Acquisition Mgmt Spec IV (EMERALD) NC51857765Springfield, VA, US
Job Description TOTAL LIFECYCLE ACQUISITION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Applies knowledge and experience in acquisition program management to specified programs throughout their life cycles. Demonstrates mastery of the acquisition process and areas relating to acquisition policy matters including acquisition streamlining, integrated systems management, manning, best practices and lessons learned. Demonstrates extensive expertise in interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Applies extensive knowledge to exploration of the subject area, definition of scope, and selection of problems for investigation. Applies extensive and diverse knowledge to acquisition management problems. Supports the System Program Director periodically at executive levels within the government and other contractor organizations, including major program reviews, inspections, conferences, and other program evaluations and major milestone events. Interacts frequently between the program office, supporting government offices, other contractors, and higher headquarters mid to upper level staff. Is assigned almost exclusively to support major acquisition programs.
The contractor shall provide the client with support services that span the breadth of the total lifecycle acquisition management process. Contractors must be able to provide advisory assistance related to any step in the total lifecycle acquisition management system for any client acquisition.
• Review and respond to a wide range of DoD and IC planning documents and warfare system concepts to ensure consistency in strategies, methodologies, and policies.
• Review business process, military transformation, client transformation, special program entries, and modernization planning documents to ensure synchronization in future warfare systems’ geospatial intelligence needs across client and the DOD.
• Provide Component leadership insight to GEOINT Panel sponsorship and ranking priorities, and ensure visibility for appropriate Component representatives of project development and delivery status.
• Receive and review market proposals for participation in technology demonstration events.
• Assist program managers with system accreditation and certification requirements.
• Provide analyses to identify capability shortfalls or redundancies and compare alternatives for improving joint warfighting capabilities.
• Analyze and integrate new concepts and technology capabilities with existing planning efforts, and modify and/or formalize new concepts, experiments and demonstrations to ensure horizontal and vertical integration throughout client on the programs involved.
• Assist in the development of alternatives, prototypes, evaluations, briefings and internal office work breakdown structures to support office requirements and office process improvement.
• Develop and present briefings, attend meetings, and make substantive contributions to DOD integrated process team acquisition meetings.
• Coordinate changes to MSRP internal and external websites (multiple domains).
• Develop and deliver other appropriate papers, analytical studies, reports, or other oral and/or written communications.
• Provide input as requested to the Weekly Activity Report describing significant events.
• Provide other support functions required to efficiently operate the business affairs of the Office.
• Assist Office staff in recording, tracking, and reporting status of action items
*This is not an active open position. Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose of responding to a government proposal. We are seeking candidates for potential opportunities with our company in the event of a contract award.*
Required Skills Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of relevant experience; Master’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience; or 12 years of acquisition management experience (Government or industry) of which 7 years must be in a defense acquisition program as either a program/project manager, Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead, or sub-IPT lead.
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required. Required Skills:
Required: ACTIVE federal security clearance
• Ten years of experience with sensors and sensor platforms and their military applications.
• Ten years of experience with general DoD and/or IC use of GEOINT.
• Familiarity with special client programs.
• Experience managing programs across multiple focus areas.
• Knowledge of the US Military to include expertise in future and emerging warfare systems.
• Ability to operate in a high visibility and fast-paced environment while able to liaison across organizations such as: DoD, OSD, AT&L, NII, CCMDs, and the IC.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment on a number of simultaneous issues in support of client objectives.
• Working knowledge of client organization and mission, products and support.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering, IT, or related field.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 51857765
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our customers deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.2 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Program Management & Acquisition Support
Department Serco’s National Security Services Business Unit is comprised of over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology. We also provide our customers a wide range of services including logistics planning, acquisition management and support, third-party logistics, and logistics IT applications.