Serco Acquisition Mgmt Spec IV (EMERALD) NC51857763 in Springfield, Virginia
Acquisition Mgmt Spec IV (EMERALD) NC51857763Springfield, VA, US
Job Description • Support agency’s participation in the National Exercise Program, Chairman’s Exercise Program, and Joint Exercise Program.
• Provide the director with a repeatable internal exercise program focused on assessing agency-wide, crisis-driven GEOINT support.
• Support Exercise activities within the agency, maximizing fiscal and operational effectiveness and efficiency
• Validate agency training objectives and verify emerging-technologies and tradecraft through Exercise participation.
• Review and respond to a wide range of DoD and IC planning documents and warfare system concepts to ensure consistency in agency strategies, methodologies, and policies.
• Support Exercises, Experiments & Demonstrations program efforts.
• Develop and maintain project plans, program requirements and all necessary documentation for all assigned Exercises, Experiments & Demonstrations events.
• Canvass the agency for new and emerging technologies that can benefit from Exercise, Experiment & Demonstration participation.
• Assist program managers with system accreditation and certification requirements.
• Provide analyses to identify capability shortfalls or redundancies and compare alternatives for improving joint warfighting capabilities.
• Analyze and integrate new concepts and technology capabilities with existing planning efforts, and modify and/or formalize new concepts, experiments and demonstrations to ensure horizontal and vertical integration throughout the agency on the programs involved.
• Assist in the development of alternatives, prototypes, evaluations, briefings and internal office work breakdown structures to support office requirements and office process improvement.
• Develop and present briefings, attend meetings, and make substantive contributions to DOD integrated process team acquisition meetings.
• Coordinate changes to office internal and external websites (multiple domains).
• Develop and deliver other appropriate papers, analytical studies, reports, or other oral and/or written communications.
• Provide input as requested to the Weekly Activity Report describing significant events.
• Provide other support functions required to efficiently operate the business affairs of the Office. Assist Office staff in recording, tracking, and reporting status of action items.
*This is not an active open position. Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose of responding to a government proposal. We are seeking candidates for potential opportunities with our company in the event of a contract award.*
Required Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering, IT, or related field.
• Ten years of experience with general DoD or IC use of GEOINT.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and coordination of Exercises, Experiments, and Demonstrations.
• Experience managing programs across multiple focus areas.
• Knowledge of the US Military to include expertise in future and emerging warfare systems.
• Ability to operate in a high visibility and fast-paced environment while able to liaison across organizations such as; DoD, OSD, AT&L, NII, CCMDs, and the IC.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment on a number of simultaneous issues in support of agency objectives.
• Working knowledge of agency organization and mission, products and support.
• Ability to advise the government on project tasks relating to engineering, testing, integration, transition, deployment, operations and sustainment.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering, IT, or related field.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification, with demonstrated experience and application of Project Management Institute (PMI) tools and techniques delivering capabilities.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 51857763
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our customers deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.2 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Program Management & Acquisition Support
Department Serco’s National Security Services Business Unit is comprised of over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology. We also provide our customers a wide range of services including logistics planning, acquisition management and support, third-party logistics, and logistics IT applications.