Philips Personal Health - Senior CMF Designer in Shanghai, China
Scoping, research & analysis skills
Uses appropriate and effective scoping, research and analysis skills to increase domain knowledge and support the creation of meaningful and innovative solutions.
Scoping and direction setting
- Uses appropriate and effective specification and road-mapping skills to articulate simplicity via material and finishes and support the creation of meaningful and innovative solutions.
Research & analysis
- Define and conduct applied (design) research within a domain context using established methodologies and tool-box: framing, gathering of manifestations/data, clustering/mapping, anchoring. Make smart use of internal and external networks and experts.
Specification & road-mapping skills
Uses appropriate and effective specification and road-mapping skills to articulate simplicity via material and finishes and support the creation of meaningful and innovative solutions.
M&F direction setting (BEP)
Observe changes in design experience trends in general and Material & Finishing Technology in particular.
Create M&FT program(s) that are on-brand, in-line with the BIDA, appropriate and make use of relevant trends.
Translate design vision, user and design experience into short-, mid- and long-term roadmaps based on an understanding of the business agenda in M&FT (leader, shaper, trend-setter, fast follower, etc.).
Work with aligned global methodologies, tool-box, year-calendar and content, linking with internal / external information and experts.
Manage multiple stakeholders and act as a hub.
Materials specification - design for materials
- Conceptualize material design ideas and provide constructive, solution-oriented input to design processes and product applications, based on expertise and knowledge of design rules, technical constraints, material properties, manufacturing technologies, suppliers, etc. Look to use sustainability as a key driver.
Uses appropriate and effective implementation skills to ensure materials & finishes roadmaps are translated into meaningful and innovative solutions, supporting business needs and increasing NPS.
Development & implementation
- Implement short-term roadmap in projects. Align and co-operate with development centers, purchasers, consumer marketing managers, engineers, suppliers and designers, program managers and creative directors to achieve desired effects
Communication & engagement
- Communicate, transfer and integrate (visual) people & trend analysis and insights in a clear, concise and inspiring way to different audiences using presentation skills, strong visual communication and workshop facilitation skills.