Nordstrom Program Manager - Merch Foundation in Seattle, Washington
Program Manager - Merch Foundation
A Program Manager is part of a key team of Technology professionals managing technical programs that deliver significant business value to Nordstrom and its customers. The Program Manager partners with internal stakeholders to develop, design, build and launch technology solutions. This position interacts with people in both business and technical roles to create specifications and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement. This position works across department and functional lines on a variety of programs that range in scope, risk and complexity.
• Combines full understanding of concepts, theories and principles with business insights and manages moderately complex programs
• Builds and delivers against plans across a single capability, and communicates clearly through Director Level
• Creates, evolves & communicates capability requirements and specifications that align to the strategy
• Applies technical, functional and customer expertise to deliver requirements and specifications that are accurate, clear, technically sound and implementable
• Knows who customers are and communicates technical requirements to dependent teams. Defines data requirements in both technical and business terms that inform the success of programs
• Facilitates team progress in choosing programmatic solutions and making effective business decisions
• Produces and demonstrates capabilities for trainings and for stakeholders and business partners
• Demonstrates a strategic understanding of the timing and rational for design choices for a capability
• Uses customer lens to create data measurements to quantify measures for success and recognizes gaps in technical and operational KPI’s
• Demonstrates a broad understanding of how the business operates and uses financial and business knowledge to inform a business case
• Possesses base level knowledge of technology (e.g. Cloud, APIs, services, Windows stack, open source, database technologies, etc.)
• Possesses broad understanding of end to end capability and applies engineering lifecycle knowledge to feature design, task estimation, design review, story creation, triage, schedule and performance standards
• Reads basic code constructs, understands and identifies estimates of effort to complete engineering work streams.
• Represents general engineering perspective in meetings with partner engineering and business stakeholders
• Presents technical demos to broader audience
• Owns budget and resource planning
• 4 year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
• 3 years of Project or Program Management experience
• 3 years of demonstrated successful program delivery
• Management of programs with cross-functional stakeholders
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Title: Program Manager - Merch Foundation
Requisition ID: 270880