Nordstrom Program Manager - Merch Foundation in Seattle, Washington
Program Manager – Merch Foundation
Program management involves managing programs that have a wide scope that may change or evolve over time to meet the benefit expectations of the organization. Program managers have to expect change and even embrace it. They have a strong sense of ownership, pride and accountability for capability, and are responsible for end-to-end quality of what is released. They are able to identify unaddressed issues, work on solutions or find the appropriate owner to ensure only high quality deliverables are released. Success is measured in terms of Return on Investment (ROI), new capabilities, and benefit delivery.
A Program Manager is part of a key team of Technology professionals managing technical programs that deliver significant business value to Nordstrom and its customers. The Program Manager partners with internal stakeholders to develop, design, build and launch technology solutions. This position interacts with people in both business and technical roles to create specifications and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement. This position works across department and functional lines on a variety of programs that range in scope, risk and complexity.
• Manages programs of high impact, risk, complexity while building and executing integrated plans across multiple teams
• Presents demos, status updates and risk/mitigation strategies and communicates down the pyramid through VP level
• Creates, evolves & communicates capability requirements that form cohesive plans that align to a multi-year strategy
• Applies experience as well as technical, functional and customer expertise to define the technical components of a multi-year capability roadmap
• Strategically influences timing and rational for design choices for a capability
• Manages prioritization of business needs, defines the technical components of capability roadmap and project scope, and owns process definition and maintenance
• Influences stakeholder expectations through direct relationships
• Identifies issues/changes and independently drives solutions
• Successfully manages resource planning and a large team budget, accurately forecasting 6 months ahead and explaining variances
• Acts as a mentor to others on team as asked
• Possesses broader understanding of how data drives decisions across technology and the business
• Uses data to drive capability/process enhancements and shape the program/future programs
• Determines what data is needed to inform on system health and effectiveness
• Possesses strong level knowledge of technology (e.g. Cloud, APIs, services, Windows stack, open source, database technologies, etc.)
• Demonstrates broad and deep understanding of end to end capability
• Participates and advises teams on technology choices, direction, value to design, code, test reviews and planning
• Leads change within team to improve delivery methodology, speed and quality
• Uses engineering lifecycle knowledge and prior experience to drive improvements
• Identifies and validates estimates of effort to complete engineering work streams
• Represents engineering lead perspective in meetings with outside engineering teams and business stakeholders
• Presents technical demos to broader audience
• Shows clear recognition of the challenges the organization is facing, the concerns of the people and the impact of their decisions
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of specific needs of a major line of business
• 4 year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
• 5 years of Program Management experience
• 5 years of demonstrated successful program delivery
• Experience managing stakeholder relationships
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Title: Program Manager - Merch Foundation
Requisition ID: 270879