BlackBerry Corporation Senior Network Engineer in San Ramon, California
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
The Enterprise Networking team is looking for an individual who is technically experienced, highly motivated, and adaptable. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will concentrate on the network health, expansion and evolution of our network. You will lead ongoing infrastructure related incidents, identify and troubleshoot reoccurring platform problems, collaborate with various teams on new projects and ensure the network is operating at peak performance. We will require a candidate with a strong understanding of networking concepts and technology, this will be critical to the success of the role, the team and the company. You will focus on maintaining and improving the network, updating documentation and implementing new tools and technology. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills to help cope with a fast paced and diverse environment. You will also provide technical leadership and guidance, while maintaining a high level of accountability. This includes, but is not limited to, presenting knowledge transfers, incident handling and resolution, overseeing complex and highly technical changes and network improvement plans.
This position will consist of 8-hour time slots, between the hours of 8:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday to Friday and is located in our offices in /San Ramon, California, USA/. and requires being present in the office on a daily basis /(NO tele-commuting or relocation available)/. Once you have fully understood the technical capabilities and have reached an acceptable level comfort, you will be eligible to join the on-call rotation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-10 years of network experience in a deployment and operational role
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, a related field, or equivalent experience in conjunction with Cisco, Checkpoint and any other relevant industry certifications
- Expert knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, and F5 platforms
- Troubleshooting routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multicast)
- Experience troubleshooting all layers of the OSI model
- Ability to stay on top of industry standards and technologies
- Network Automation
- Strong communication capabilities that will be demonstrated consistently within the team, the company and through interaction with our vendors and partners
- High level of decision making and prioritization
- Experience with IPSec VPN and various WAN technologies
- Proficient with Windows and Linux, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio
- Experience with ticketing and automation systems, such as Remedy, JIRA, HPNA
- Experience working with Perl/Python/PHP
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Leadership experience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and multi-task effectively
Job Family Group Name: Information Technology
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled