Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Technical Product Support Engineer (UNIX) - Certify Data Systems
Location: US-CA-San Jose
Role: Technical/Product Support Engineer
Assignment: Certify Data Systems
Location: San Jose, CA (external candidates will not be relocated)
Certify Data Systems, a leading edge health care IT company, is in one of the most exciting and growing sectors of the health care industry, Health Information Exchange (HIE). Our technology enables the electronic exchange of patient information between hospitals, physician practices and labs, enabling greater efficiencies throughout the healthcare industry and better patient care. The company’s breakthrough, patent-pending products are increasingly being adopted and deployed by renowned hospital systems.
Certify Data Systems is looking for a strongly motivated Product/Technical Support Engineer.
This role will serve as the escalation point of contact for customer calls relating to all new and existing products.
It will include both coordinating call notification and reporting in addition to providing detailed problem documentation. The Product Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for ensuring customers receive prompt, accurate and courteous product support and service.
As a Technical/Product Support Engineer you will:
* Provide front line Tier 1 technical support throughout the software product life cycle.
* Develop technical notes and hands-on lab exercises.
* Configure, test and ship equipment to field personnel and customers.
* Provide phone support for newly introduced products and for more mature products.
* Reproduce customer environments in a lab scenario to resolve issues.
* Accurately document customer calls and product problems found in the field (e.g. Bugzilla, email, etc.).
* Communicate with customers in a timely and professional manner.
* Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
* Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
* Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
* Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and
consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
Experience with networking technologies, such as:
o LAN and WAN protocols
o Routers, security (Firewall, VPN)
* Experience with Linux essential, Windows, VMWare.
* Experience with Databases essential– SQL
* Excellent customer relations and communications skills.
* Excellent troubleshooting and documentation skills.
* Ability to work effectively within a team, or independently.
Associate degree or equivalent in Electronics or Computer Science.
* Knowledge and experience with healthcare organizations, medical terminology and healthcare system business processes is desired.
* Planning and deploying software products in a healthcare environment.
* Experience in the Quality Assurance (QA) process is desired.
* Understanding of Oracle a plus.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.