HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacist, Full time Evenings in San Jose, California
Pharmacy Department, .8 (64 Hours bi-weekly), Evening Shift Position.
Under general supervision, compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies according to established operational and chemical procedures as prescribed by the hospital’s physicians and other qualified personnel. Reviews prescriptions, obtains clarifications as necessary, and regularly consults with Medical Staff, Nursing, and others in order to coordinate delivery of high quality pharmaceutical services to patients.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- A Bachelor’s or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in Pharmacy, supplemented by a one year internship, required in order to ensure an in-depth understanding of pharmaceuticals, to prepare and dispense medications and other pharmaceutical supplies in a safe manner, provide advice and guidance to physician and nursing staff, and be eligible for licensure.
- A current and valid license as a registered pharmacist in the state of California.
- One year of hospital experience and/or residency preferred
- Interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with physicians and various other hospital personnel.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to monitor medication orders for
inappropriate therapeutic use, inappropriate dose, inappropriate route of administration and potentially harmful drug interactions.
- Ability to use pharmacy software, some knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Minimum Experience: 1. Approximately three to five progressively more responsible work experience necessary in order to gain full understanding of pharmacy services and laws relating thereto, and to be able to lead and direct personnel. 2. Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system. 3. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
Title: Clinical Pharmacist, Full time Evenings
Location: California-San Jose-Good Samaritan Hospital
Requisition ID: 03360-15580