MUFG Union Bank Sr Finance Program Manager, Director in San Francisco, California
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Financial Management of the Americas (FMA) Head of Project and Change Management. Provide program and project management, advisory services and act as a subject matter expert, where needed, for the Program Management Office for the functions within Financial Management of the Americas. Provide direct program and project management support for planning, design/development and implementation of new projects under the a specific program including business process improvement, automation, digitization/robotics, off-shoring, out-sourcing and re-location to lower cost geography initiatives.
• Manage the FMA Program Management Office (PMO) for a specific Program as it impacts Finance functions (e.g. Controllers, FP&A, Finance Operations, etc.)
• Coordinate end-to-end process for Finance teams from initial development of project plans with milestones and timelines required to achieve deal specific synergies, to execution of the tactical plans, to providing a clear roadmap for ongoing ownership to complete the program
• Develop and maintain complex, cross-functional project plans and manage work according to defined methodologies. Direct and advise PMs in support of project/program objectives
• Oversee project management of all FMA projects that are part of a specific program. Plan and lead the execution of FMA planning.
• Lead regular PMO meetings for Finance leaders responsible for execution of the program to ensure effective communication and coordination
• Facilitate cross-functional coordination and communications between business units and functional representatives within a complex, matrix corporate environment. Ensure all dependencies are understood.
• Manage the reporting and resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items
• Liaise with the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) and Transformation Management Office(TMO), to facilitate effective coordination
• Prepare reports, presentations and other documentation as required by the EPMO and TMO including aggregations of Finance teams were necessary
• Provide thought leadership and analytical rigor to identify operational and change management throughout the program, developing solutions, and driving decision making and escalation across multiple stakeholders
• Identifies improvements in acquisition integration processes/techniques and implementing best practices and methodologies.
Requires a BA/BS degree from a 4-year college
Requires 7 years of experience as senior program, project manager, or function leader with general understanding or experience with Finance functions (Accounting, Controllers, SEC and Regulatory Reporting, FP&A, Treasury, and
Enterprise Spend Management, etc.)
Financial services experience and knowledge of banking organization, operations and technology are a plus
Experience leading and managing programs and/or large projects from start to finish with experience in any of the following: Acquisition integration for Finance functions; Finance and accounting system conversions; Business process improvement assessments / implementation; Turnaround, tight timeline, and/or crisis environments; Big 4 or top tier management consulting experience preferred
Must possess strong leadership skills and be very proactive in approach
Ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player
Ability to be an influential business partner who can lead through influence and garner support from cross-functional executives
Strong presentation skills; ability to present to large groups and to executive management
Ability to lead large meetings, facilitate resolution of differing views
Ability to work independently and with all levels of management within and outside of Finance and to negotiate matters on behalf of senior management
/The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified./
/We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category./
Title: Sr Finance Program Manager, Director
Location: CALIFORNIA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 10010589-WD
Other Locations: CALIFORNIA-Los Angeles