MUFG Union Bank Risk and Control Financial Analyst, Associate in San Francisco, California
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Risk and Control Manager of Reserve Methodology Analytics (RMA), assist in ACL production and CCAR / DFAST related risk and control functions including:
• Researching and analyzing economic, industry, GAAP, regulatory and other relevant drivers and trends that affect Allowance for Credit Losses (ACL).
• Providing ongoing researches to ensure the ACL production, methodologies and processes are appropriate in compliance with the Bank’s policy and procedures, GAAP, regulatory guidance, and industry standards.
• Assisting with risk identification for ACL Wholesale and Retail production processes.
• Participating in supporting quarterly ACL production.
• Providing support for control documentation for quarterly ACL production and the CCAR/DFAST process.
• Assisting in maintaining the ACL methodology, policies, procedures, process maps, and controls.
• Developing reports, presentations, and analyses in support of ACL functions.
• Maintaining ACL document archives and certifying quarter-end files.
• Supporting to audit & regulatory activities.
• Assisting with SOX compliance testing and documentation.
• Monitoring EUC compliance and certification program.
• Providing support for application /model validations and other required reviews.
• Work closely with Risk and Control Manager to enhance and maintain the Bank’s ACL policies, procedures, processes, and controls and ensure these documents provide clear, concise, cohesive information and align with the Bank’s ACL philosophy/strategy/policies, regulatory guidance, and industry standards / best-practices
• Assist in developing, documenting enhancements to the ACL methodology in compliance with GAAP and Regulatory guidance.
• Assist in developing appropriate SOX controls for all new and existing ACL Methodologies.
• Assist in the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of system enhancements that significantly contribute to the development of an appropriate quarterly ACL provision, CCAR and Forecast.
• Develop standardized production reports to support development of the quarterly ACL package.
• Collaborate with other teams and contribute support and products as needed to develop reports, presentations, and graphics that facilitate executive management and the Board’s decisions regarding the appropriateness of the Bank’s ACL strategies, approach, and provisions.
• Research and analyze economic, industry, and other relevant drivers and trends and advise ACL Operations as to the potential impact to the ACL.
• Develop creative approaches to displaying data trends, results of analyses, etc. to effectively communicate with varied reviewers such as ACL managers, line-of-business managers, oversight committees, the Board, regulators, and internal / external auditors.
• Participate in discussions with key executives to assist them in understanding analytical approaches and results that contribute to the estimation of the allowance and facilitate their decisions.
• Collaborate with Credit Risk Portfolio Management and other Bank departments on related analytics.
• Provide data / analytics as requested by RMA management to support special projects, respond to audit / regulatory requests for information, and fulfill ad hoc requests from management.
• Research and analyze economic, industry, credit portfolio trend and other relevant drivers and factors that may affect the Qualitative Reserve Framework.
• Assist in development of Dual Rating System and CECL methodology.
• Facilitate dialogues with business partners on key risk and control issues that affect the ACL.
• Assist in incorporating Basel -based PD/LGD to dual rating system in the Bank’s wholesale and retail credit exposures into the ACL reserving, loss forecasting, and reporting policies and procedures.
• Assist in quarterly ACL related SOX 404 testing and document the results in accordance with Bank policy and procedures.
• Support responses to requests of information, documentation, etc. required by internal / external auditors and regulators.
• Assist in collecting information regarding industry practices and benchmarking with peer banks.
• Participate in CCAR EUC control test and documentation.
• Monitor RMA’s certification programs for ACL production and regulatory reporting.
• Support documentation of ACL production binder, audit supporting documents binder and SOX binder.
• Maintain ACL document archives and the ACL documentation storage.
• Assist in application / model validations and other required reviews to ensure they are completed timely and in accordance with Bank policy.
• Participate in ACL related projects and prepare project deliverables as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other related field required. Master’s desirable.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with credit risk management and audit or a related field in a large commercial bank; strong understanding and experience with loss reserve methodologies. Audit experience a plus.
Understanding of the Bank’s product and services, risk management, internal controls, GAAP, regulatory guidance and accounting concepts.
Working knowledge of Basel PD, LGD, FAS 5, and FAS 114 regulations and their implications for the Bank’s allowance.
Strong background and skills in quantitative and statistical analytics and data management.
Strong PC and presentation skills.
Think strategically, analyze issues, generate creative solutions, use sound judgment, and innovate.
Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
Experience managing a large and complex database environment.
Deliver quality products and services that consistently meet requirements.
Develop written communications that are clear, concise, and persuasive.
Build relationships and communicate in an open, candid, clear, and consistent manner.
Listen effectively and probe for new ideas and solutions.
Articulate, negotiate, and gain consensus between all interested parties.
Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders within and outside the organization.
/ The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. /
/ We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. /
Title: Risk and Control Financial Analyst, Associate
Location: CALIFORNIA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 10010489-WD