MUFG Union Bank Organizational Development Consultant in San Francisco, California
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Organizational Development (OD) Consultant partners with business units to diagnoses issues and development needs, identifies appropriate solutions leveraging various learning and development disciplines, and works with the business to achieve goals which can include conducting development sessions/discussions themselves or working with internal and external speakers/trainers. This role will both initiate client consulting sessions independently and work with senior client coverage managers from within ODL to address client needs in a coordinated and consistent fashion.
• Build strong partnership and consulting relationship with client groups to deliver services and address human capital needs , perceived roadblocks, business unit culture, and work environment issues
•Design and execute succession and development planning processes and practices
• Engage in vendor management, budget management, strategic sourcing, program marketing, and internal communication of events
• Expand existing client management development program to include multiple locations and business units as well as additional development offerings for senior level employees
• Establish a project plan and conduct a cost/benefit analysis for any recommendations made to business units
• Evaluate business unit’s overall development requirements, business objectives, desired results, and constraints; conduct a skills and needs analysis to identify specific development needs
• Identify resource needs required to implement solution, request specific involvement from other L&D personnel with subject matter expertise, or hire appropriate vendors to devise and implement solution
• Execute the design and roll-out of fair and valid solution, maximizing existing and adapting or creating new solutions where necessary
• Produce periodic reports outlining needs accompanied by recommendations and implications, such as changes in operations, budget, or quality
• Collaborate with ODL team members to integrate and act upon the diverse perspectives of business unit managers, instructional designers, corporate HR and external vendors
• Facilitate training sessions in small and large group forums that guide participants toward achieving the desired outcomes
Internal / External Relationships :
• Manage relationships with client groups in order to understand business strategy and development needs.
• Work collaboratively with the senior client manager to ensure consistency and priority of solutions.
• Coordinate with other members of ODL (across all disciplines and locations) to develop holistic solutions; maximize resources and utility of solutions. .
• Partner with HRBPs to address most critical client needs
• Work with identified successors and their managers to drive development planning progress.
College degree or equivalent professional experience. Post under graduate work including certifications, licensing or masters degree in organizational development and learning areas.
• 6-10 years demonstrated experience in learning and development or organizational development/effectiveness, and 3 or more years of previous experience in design and/or direct execution of talent and succession planning strategies
• Strong focus on talent and succession planning practices including success or identification, potential assessment, skills assessment, development planning and coaching
• Evident success in working with client groups to identify needs and agree solutions to drive business impact; consulting and influencing skills
• Understanding of various functions and services in organizational development and learning (human capital processes, adult learning theory).
• Knowledge of client management approaches
• Understanding of financial services businesses and support functions
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Collaboration skills including the ability to integrate and act upon the diverse perspectives of business unit managers, instructional designers, corporate HR and external vendors
• Previous experience in program management role within learning or organizational development team (within a Bank or financial services preferred)
• Strong analytical skills & problem solving capabilities
• Proven track record in prioritizing competing priorities
• Detail oriented and well organized- ability to make decisions, & work under tight deadlines
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Job: *Human Resources
Title: Organizational Development Consultant
Location: CALIFORNIA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 10010583-WD
Other Locations: ARIZONA-Tempe, CALIFORNIA-Los Angeles