MUFG Union Bank Lead BI Software Engineer - Vice President in San Francisco, California
Join a bank that’s as committed to your future as you are. At Union Bank, a part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do.
Our diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better – from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Lead Systems Analyst will work closely with the Subject Matter Experts, Business Analyst, Solution Architects and Developers in building and supporting a common Shared Services OBIEE Function. The candidate will lead efforts and consults with technology team members to offer solutions using best software and engineering practices.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of the various Analytical tools; especially OBIEE, data design to support analytics and implementing the metadata layers and generating reports and dashboards
The candidate should be able to successfully lead a team of resources in support of both a project and production environment. The candidate should have the demonstrated ability to work effectively in a self-directed environment, taking initiative and proactively improving processes. The candidate is expected to demonstrate strong verbal and analytical skills in order to take a lead role in supporting this function from a technology perspective.
Subject matter expertise in the areas of BI Analytics, OBIEE, Enterprise Reporting and Data Warehousing, areas with a thorough understanding of Oracle Technologies, Data Modeling, RPD, Star Schema design and Oracle Applications Architecture (11g).
Works with internal and Vendor external teams in functional design, technical design, and guides development of the Business Intelligence platform
Gather and assess requirements and assist with translation into optimal BI solutions
Facilitate client requirements and conversations through prototyping, performing report layout POC’s to gather requirements on KPI’s and other dashboard related requirements.
Data analysis for ad hoc as well as standard reporting, perform business analysis and creating reports using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBI EE)
Create data mapping documents for mapping and validating data elements from multiple source systems to OBIA or RFRH
Manage technology project delivery; addressing risks and issues through effective contingency plans and proper escalation.
Provide functional support to the technical team in systems development and act as a liaison between end users and the technical team members.
Participate in and help lead change management activities associated with the automation of Finance processes and systems. Partner with management, project champions, and process owners to align process improvement initiatives with business objectives.
Identify, create and develop requirements around useful business analytics, dashboard views, decision algorithms and management summaries
Perform functionality gap analysis of the current reporting landscape and solution design of how that fits within the BI reporting solution
Review and provide feedback on the technical design documents from the technical team to ensure it aligns with the functional design document and leverages best practices from a BI and DW perspective
Support data reconciliation from a BI front end perspective to ensure the KPIs, balances and field level data within dashboards/reports matches with what’s expected to ensure data accuracy and completeness
Help support user training and delivering job aids and training documents required for user adoption
• 8 years relevant consulting and/or industry experience in OBIEE, Analytics and DW Solutons
• Extensive expertise in report design and development using OBIEE, BI Publisher
• Hands on experience on different versions of OBIEE, dashboards, supporting the development of the r.p.d (Metadata) from a report design and development perspective
• Have a strong understanding of the OBI architecture including physical data models, ETL, logical business models and subject areas
• Experience in end-to-end implementation of BI Apps
• Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis to maintain transparency on work efforts and to ensure design and implementation is understood by all team participants
• Strong personal ownership and commitment to quality
• Must be a team player with good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
• Should be able to work with off-shore vendors and resources spread out globally.
• Ability to communicate and work directly with business leaders across ISA and Finance
• Must be detail oriented and possess ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Bachelor's degree, preferably in MIS, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related IT discipline
Why Work for MUFG Union Bank, N.A.?
• We are a financially strong and stable bank.
• We value workplace diversity.
• We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
• Innovative vacation benefits.
• We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
Job: *Systems / Technology
Title: Lead BI Software Engineer - Vice President
Location: CALIFORNIA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 10010052-WD