MUFG Union Bank Director- CCAR, Operational Risk, and ERM Audit in San Francisco, California
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Director, Senior Audit Manager position is a management role within the Internal Audit for the Americas function. It reports to a Managing Director, Division Audit Executive, and is responsible for all aspects of development and delivery of the audit for assigned areas of the firm, including internal and external stakeholder management, staff management, execution of the audit plan, and accountability for the quality and judgment calls in resulting audit work.
This position directly manages 2-6 direct reports, with a team size (inclusive of management) of 8-12 staff. Budget management responsibilities may be assigned from time to time. Travel is required for the position, with an estimated range of 10-40% varying on the location of the incumbent and key staff and stakeholder geographies.
Structure and execute an efficient and effective program of audit work to:
• Identify potential risk, including awareness of risks both within span of control as well as enterprise-wide
• Assess the state of the governance, risk management, and control environment aspects relevant to that risk
• Report results in an effective and timely basis, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk
• Develop and manage a team of managers and auditors, who will be directly accountable for engagement management and execution
• Effectively manage senior executive relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level
• Act as a leader and role model; engage as a team player in the Senior Leadership Team; develop staff across the department; and continuously improve self and department
•Provide guidance to and maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Fifteen or more years of internal or external audit or risk management experience, including significant management and leadership responsibility
• Proven ability to lead audit teams and execution of an audit plan
• Extensive experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends
• Extensive knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and execution
• Demonstrated proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• As required by the assigned areas of responsibility OTHER
• Compliant with MUFG Union Bank Code of Conduct, exhibits strong ethical behavior, and adheres to other similar professional requirements
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Title: Director- CCAR, Operational Risk, and ERM Audit
Location: CALIFORNIA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 10010411-WD
Other Locations: ARIZONA-Tempe