CrowdFlower Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, California
Customer Success Manager Who We Are: CrowdFlower is the essential human-in-the-loop platform for data science teams. CrowdFlower helps customers generate high quality customized training data for their machine learning initiatives, or automate a business process with easy-to-deploy models and integrated human-in-the-loop workflows. The CrowdFlower platform supports a wide range of use cases including self-driving cars, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Venture Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Microsoft Ventures, CrowdFlower serves data science teams at Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries.
For more information, visit www.crowdflower.com
Who We Want We want a Customer Success Manager who wakes up in the morning and thinks “what can I do for my customers today”. You love building relationships, you can manage through ups and downs, while remaining committed to successful outcomes for all your customers.
What You Will Do As a Customer Success Manager you will be the trusted guide for customers adopting the CrowdFlower platform, leading them on the journey from onboarding to advanced usage to advocacy. You will lead the post-sales efforts in building processes and procedures that are successful and repeatable in making customers delighted and successful. You will need to become a CrowdFlower product expert so you can speak, and teach, intelligently on the value and usage of each part of the CrowdFlower platform. Early customers are invaluable to a startup company. They must be delighted, not just satisfied.
Responsibilities will include:
• Be the primary owner of a set of named customer relationships where you drive their ultimate success and maximize the value they get from CrowdFlower during their post sales journey.
• Maximize adoption of the CrowdFlower platform by each and every customer.
• Build value-based relationships with customers ensuring that they remain happy CrowdFlower customers.
• Report and draft success plans to move customers from RED → GREEN.
• Advocate internally and lead initiatives that drive additional value for our customer.
• Renewals – negotiating and closing renewals with existing customers.
• Partner with Sales to identify expansion and upsell opportunities or high value renewals.
What You Need for this Position • Bachelor's degree from a top university.
• Ability to dedicate 5 days a week in the office.
• Willingness to travel and meet customers up to 15% of the time.
• 3-5 years in a customer-facing role (CSM, Account Management, Sales) preferably at a SaaS company.
• Prior experience managing a portfolio of customers with total annual recurring revenue between $1 and $5 Million (i.e., ARR).
• Strong leadership skills to advocate cross functionally in behalf of customers.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving ability to unblock customers from business and technical issues.
• Willingness to learn core technology tools including but not limited to HTML/CSS, Liquid and SQL.
• A true passion for customers and for Customer Success with the ability to build strong relationships.
• Truly enjoys a dynamic startup environment where every day is different and each challenge is different.
• Can juggle multiple, very different tasks – an advanced customer wanting to leverage deep functionality today, onboarding a new customer tomorrow, partnering with sales on an upsell opportunity the next day. Each client may have very different use cases and specific needs, being able to stay organized and accomplish their goals is important to our success.
• Experience managing customers both large and small and knowing how and why to manage them differently.