Jewel-Osco Clerk Nonfood in San Dimas, California
PURPOSE: Exemplifies and ensures strong customer service. Processes and prepares products. Receives, stores, displays, maintains, replenishes and merchandizes stock. Assists customers with their purchases and processes their orders. Performs various duties in the department assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Maintains the quality condition of all products: receives, cleans, stores, maintains, processes, slices, arranges, bakes, brews, wraps, packages, stocks, rotates or faces product. Works reworked or reduced to sale items according to Company procedures. Maintains and cleans display cases, cooking and brewing equipment, work areas, coolers and freezers. Pulls and discards outdated and spoiled products according to procedures. Maintains stockroom. Cleans and dusts shelves. Controls shrink. Prevents the sale of out of code product.
- Operates any related equipment such as ovens, cutters, slicers, knives, coffee brewers, mixers/blenders, ovens, microwave ovens, safety cutters, steamers, trash compactor, etc,
- Operates checkstand equipment such as cash register, printer, scanner and scale to process customer orders. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques and bags customer orders. Keeps work area clean, neat and properly stocked. Assists customers with special orders.
- Assists the customers with promotions and returns.
- Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as hand trucks, six- wheel carts, high boys and pallet jacks. Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
- Responsible for staying current on product location, new products, sales and promotions, monitoring UPC codes and ensuring a safe and secure work area.
- Ensures costs, quality and inventory control through verifying orders against invoices, auditing contents of product cases and completing necessary forms and reports accurately.
- Assists customers, performs checking duties with an emphasis on providing friendly, courteous, customer service.
- Uses the store intercom to make announcements.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely and with accuracy, honesty and integrity.
- Represents the store in a positive manner to customers and the public.
Other necessary and required duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Requires good interpersonal, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work alone, with minimal supervision and at all different time periods.
- Ability to move and work quickly.
- Requires the ability to judge and react to business activity.
- May utilize cleaning supplies, chemicals, knives and safety cutters.
- Complies with all Company policies including attendance, loss prevention, restricted products, grooming standards and dress codes.
- Complies with all applicable legal requirements and Company policies on pricing, associate purchases, WIC vouchers, restricted sales, labeling, sanitation and safety.
- Occasionally or frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 25 to 80 lbs. May climb ladders.
- Ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks, high boys, carts and pallet jacks.
- Ability to stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time and bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
- Mental alertness to ensure safe, accurate, completion of work activities and to do repetitious work accurately.
Knowledge of basic mathematics, inventory control, pricing, merchandizing and shipping and receiving procedures.
Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment.
- May be exposed to varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor activities.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment, tool and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Hands may be exposed to moisture, water, ice, plants or soil.
- Exposure to approximately and 35˚ Fahrenheit handling products in cold cases, approximately 28˚ Fahrenheit in the cooler and -20˚ Fahrenheit in the freezer.
Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the loading and receiving area.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified which may vary within each store and/or from store to store. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary from store to store.
Title: Clerk Nonfood
Location: California-San Dimas
Requisition ID: 80023