Cymer, Inc. Test Engineer in San Diego, California
0005285 Requisition #
At Cymer, LPP EUV is generated by firing high energy laser pulses at tin droplet targets at repetition rates beyond 100 kHz. The quality, velocity, and precise positioning of the droplets are key factors in the efficiency and stability of the process.
As a test engineer you will support engineering, research and manufacturing in the testing of mechanical and electrical modules and sub-systems related to droplet quality and metrology. Defines, implements, and maintains engineering and manufacturing automated test equipment, test strategies, and test specifications. Troubleshoots product and test equipment and qualifies test process and equipment. Completes specifications and procedures for new products and executes qualification testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrates droplet generation system components, develops documentation, executes tests, and provides technical support for EUV system technology development.
- Develops and performs a wide variety of electrical and mechanical test processes.
- Defines test requirements based upon design documents.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined Cymer formats.
- Gathers information from drawing, specifications, and design engineering documents.
- Interfaces with engineers to ensure successful software and hardware integration.
- Writes test procedures, gathers data, and generates reports.
- Demonstrates the test equipment and process meets the requirements through validation testing.
Run tests to qualify modules and systems for design releases and customer shipments.
Detail oriented, willing to travel, able to work in multi-cultural environment
- Versatile skill set and willing to perform hands on work in a lab environment
- Self-motivated with excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Proficient using mechanical and electrical hand tools – wrenches, torque wrenches, strippers, crimpers, etc
- Experience using measuring tools – calipers, micrometer, level, digital level
- Vacuum technology experienced desired
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team or individually to achieve goals.
- Strong knowledge in quality inspection, data analysis, and documentation.
- Knowledge, ability, and willingness to safely work with high voltage and pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
Knowledge base requires BS or MS degree with 0 – 3 years’ experience depending on degree
- BS/MS Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, or Engineering physics
- Experience in gas and vacuum
- Experience using Matlab, Python, C, and other programming tools for data processing
- Experience in Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Preferred experience in electrical schematics, automation and controls
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in cleanroom environment following all Class 1000 / ISO 6 guidelines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under strict deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- May require use of respirator apparatus