Cymer, Inc. Technology Specialist, Test Dev. & Data Analysis in San Diego, California
Technology Specialist, Test Dev. & Data Analysis
Research and Development
0005345 Requisition #
The advancement of the technologies driving the performance capability of Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) lithography light source requires sophisticated experimental design and associated data analysis. This position will support the technology teams in developing / designing tests to ensure that appropriate source performance data is captured, as well as being a focal point for developing and executing the analysis of the collected data to improve knowledge extraction.
This position will focus on providing critical support to the technology team in two areas.
- In the test development / design area, the candidate will engage with the technology team(s) to assist in the experimental design based on the defined test objectives, which could include developing specific test software tooling, as well as take the lead in documentation of test design (considering all appropriate data sources and data capture methodologies).
- In the data analysis area, the candidate will ensure that the data analysis from experiments is structured and efficient, through augmenting existing analysis tooling or developing new tooling. Note that the relevant data spans real time (shot-to-shot at multi-kHz) to low-frequency (sometimes asynchronous), and can be scalar, vector or image data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with Technology Development scientists to assist in test development and design, with particular focus on design of data capture and management of data collection and archival;
- In addition, work directly with Technology Development scientists on developing advanced data capture and analysis tooling for large performance data sets generated by Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) light sources;
- Develop / improve analysis approaches and data visualization techniques and tooling to assist in driving understanding of underlying physics and/or phenomenology;
- Supports the development & integration of innovative core technologies elements and/or system concepts.
- Validates concepts through breadboard builds and analysis.
- Independently investigates scientific and technical problems and challenges and evaluates and recommends solutions.
- Supports research and development projects, interacts with customers, suppliers and peers, and prepares and presents reports to management and customers, as well as at scientific conferences.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Has good knowledge of scientific methodologies, data acquisition and analysis tools.
- Applies advanced experimental and analytical skills to define requirements and devise solutions to technical performance matters.
- Ability to develop and review theoretical models.
- Ability to think through, plan, and setup complex experiments and tests.
- Background in use of scientific methodologies.
- Specific experience required with Python and/or MatLab, LabView, and GUI development for experimental data collection and data analysis scripting
- Experience in experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Solid theoretical and experimental background in (insert relevant technologies)
- Able to propose and validate innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Experience with digital signal processing would be highly regarded
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Requires a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, computer science or related Engineering discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in an applicable field related technology.
- MS or PhD preferred
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience with test development and data analysis in a lead/responsible role
- Minimum 3 yrs. practical experience with development / management of tooling as required to collect, parse, mine and display large (multi-GB) data sets.
- Experience with Semiconductor Capital Equipment preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Able to work at CAD station for several hours at a time.
- Able to put together mechanical assemblies including lifting 25 lbs. from floor to shoulder height.
- Requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) on a frequent basis.
- Requires working in a manufacturing clean room environment occasionally.
- Requires working with Excimer lasers in noisy environments (requiring ear protection) and potential radiation hazards (requiring eye and skin protection).