Cymer, Inc. Staff Test Engineer in San Diego, California
Staff Test Engineer
0005284 Requisition #
At Cymer, LPP EUV is generated by firing high energy laser pulses at tin droplet targets at repetition rates beyond 100 kHz. The quality, velocity, and precise positioning of the droplets are key factors in the efficiency and stability of the process, which in turn determines the achievable power and dose of the EUV source.
As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for integration and documentation efforts of 1starticle and prototype demonstrations of droplet delivery system components. The successful candidate will be hands on and have working knowledge of mechanical, gas and vacuum, electrical, and mechatronic systems. The candidate will apply problem solving and project management skills to anticipate integration challenges and work with design and engineering teams to ensure experimental platforms are capable of qualifying technology for field roll-out and provide foundational scientific learning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrates droplet generation system components, develops documentation, executes tests, and provides technical support for EUV system technology development.
- Assumes overall responsibility for D&E Lab infrastructure to ensure equipment is capable of objectives, operational procedures are in place, and certifications are current.
- Lead integration responsibility for R&D prototype builds, testing, and evaluation efforts using offline experimental infrastructure.
- Responsible for lab activities and works with projects to coordinate resources such that experiments are aligned to project priorities.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team efforts in the design and development of modules to assure performance, operation, serviceability, and cost-of-ownership requirements using offline qualification methodology
- Provides design and procedure support in a continuous product improvement effort leveraging feedback from field integration engineers, lab simulations, and personal experience.
- Leads ground support equipment design and documentation efforts needed to handle material in support of D&E lab infrastructure.
- Participates in system level design reviews and provides feedback to ensure adherence to safety, process controls, and quality principles.
- Diagnoses and communicates product performance using scientific/engineering software tools to process live data streams and archived databases.
- Identifies metrology or performance gaps and leads design improvement effort with development team using data-driven feedback collected from the field or 1starticle demonstration.
Hands on vacuum technology, vacuum pump, ruffing pump, RGA, vacuum valves, leak testing, vacuum vessel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CAD Drawing (ORCAD, AUTOCAD, and/or Visio), and electronic e-mail systems.
- Proficient at designing and running tests to evaluate power distribution, digital, analog and serial signals.
- Understanding of manufacturing testing including how and what to test for production and DV.
- Proficient in reading and creating electrical schematics and using manufacturers’ product cut sheets to select components to purchase.
- Ability to calculate voltage drops, tolerance stack up, acceptance criteria, fusing, cable and connector requirements.
- Ability to apply algebra, geometry, and statistics skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters with no direction.
- Requires the ability to use optical measurement devices such as spectrometers, spectrophotometers, imaging setups, and the etc on a routine basis.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to use routine software applications such as MS Word and MS Excel to produce reports and graphs is required. Ability to use Data acquisition & processing SW like Labview or Matlab.
- Experience in coding in Labview.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to write notes in a laboratory journal listing daily activities and write weekly report summarizing accomplishments.
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
Specialist in advanced technical or business skills. Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations. May have advanced degree (Master's, PhD). Minimum of ten (10) years of experience is required
- BS/MS Mechanical engineering or electrical engineering
- Experience with high temperature equipment, insulation design, gas and vacuum, and electrical schematics
- Automation and controls qualification and troubleshooting experience on robotic/mechatronic systems
- Experience using Matlab, Python, C, and other programming tools for data processing
- Detail-oriented problem solver with initiative and responsibility to follow through
- Experience performing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- May work in an electronics laboratory or clean roomenvironment in full gown, hood and gloves, where the noise level may be high.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be capable of working in the lab at floor level to 8 feet high with appropriate ladder.