Cymer, Inc. Staff Mechanical Engineer in San Diego, California
Staff Mechanical Engineer
0005307 Requisition #
Design and develop subassemblies and modules. Test, analyze, troubleshoot and implement subassemblies and modules for light source sub-systems. Design duties include stress, thermal analysis, and tolerances. Assist in generating module or system concepts to meet product requirements and perform detailed design and component layout for new and improved subsystems. Responsible for component and subassembly test development, data acquisition, analysis, and reporting. Support validating concepts through breadboard builds and analysis. Work with engineers and CAD designers for prototype and pilot detailed design and support driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings and procedures. Design verification testing and assist in management development activities using the Product Development Process including concept reviews, design reviews, proto builds, pilot builds, and verification testing.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field, followed by five years of progressive work experience in job offered or related capacity(ies). Position requires experience with:
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Product development including bills of material, interfacing with vendors, procurement of material for prototyping, and change management
- Finite element analysis such as ProMechanica or Ansys
- Layouts & Top-Down Assembly Design for semiconductor modules
- Large Assembly Management-Pro/E
- Design Automation
- Material Selection with respect to clean room standards
- Product Data Management-Intralink
This position is eligible for Cymer, LLC’s Employee Referral Program benefit(s).
TO APPLY: Apply online at http://www.cymer.com/ and search by position. EOE.