Cymer, Inc. Sr Technical Trainer in San Diego, California
Sr Technical Trainer
Technical Training / Technical Writing
0005346 Requisition #
The Sr Technical Trainer conducts training courses for external and internal customers on highly technical laser systems. Works independently to design and develop training curriculum including course outlines, gathering of support documentation, course workbooks, and trainer notes. Uses needs assessment tools as well as interaction with internal and external customers to develop specifications for content of courses. Prepares lesson plans including the method, media, and documentation incorporating company processes, procedures, policies, and technical documentation and requirements. Works with engineering, technical support and manufacturing to ensure that course material reflects current product features. Instructs participants via online sessions, classroom lectures, and laboratory sessions. Conducts follow up to determine applicability and effectiveness of course material.
- Conducts in-house, on-site, and online training for Cymer’s internal and external customers on topics related to EUV light source technology.
- Conducts certification training for field service and technical support engineers on topics related to EUV light source technology.
- Performs maintenance and troubleshooting on training department EUV systems including Vessel, Seed Module, and other technologies.
- Utilizes test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVMs, and photodiode assemblies.
- Participates in needs analysis studies to determine training needs within organization.
- Develops new and released product curriculum and ensures delivery of content to schedule.
- Conducts reviews of course material for technical accuracy.
- Represents department as a Criterion Referenced Instruction (CRI) and/or Performance Based Equipment Training (PBET) expert.
- Serves as multiple platform Subject Matter Expert (SME) as defined in instructional development plans. Examples include, but are not limited to, EUV-3300 Source Vessel and associated components and tooling, Seed Module and associated components and tooling, and potentially plasma qualification of source vessel.
- Performs maintenance on released curriculum for an assigned laser platform.
Supports the development of interactive, computer-based, asynchronous training products using rapid development tools from Articulate, Adobe, and Techsmith as follows:
Prepares design concepts, flow diagrams, and storyboards to outline the training product.
- Assists in the creation of technical source material, such as screen captures, and screen/audio/video recordings.
- Narrates technical content using audio recording tools such as Audacity.
- Formulates teaching outlines and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Provides input towards design of training curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Utilizes and provides input on testing and evaluation procedures to measure trainee progress and evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Reports on progress of trainees during training periods.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to deliver clear and effective technical instruction to a broad range of audiences (including ESL).
- Proficient in applications such as Siebel, Agile, and Oracle systems.
- Proficient in electronic, electrical, and/or mechanical engineering systems theory as can be applied to excimer lasers.
- Capable of operating and maintaining electronic, optical and mechanical systems.
- Capable of using various diagnostic and calibration equipment.
- Ability to perform quality checks and corrects documents for formatting, grammar, etc. Applies reading comprehension skills and understands specific technical terminology.
- Requires intermediate to advanced level arithmetic in the compilation and analysis of basic quantitative information.
- Ability to exercise PBET applications per the standard.
- Proficiency with FrameMaker document management software is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional systems design.
- Demonstrated ability to create story boards that reflect incremental detail of procedures and task for information transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to determine performance deficiencies as directed and apply PBET standard to develop multimedia components of training.
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in work force education or a technical field and/or equivalent experience and education.
- Requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience in technical training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.