Cymer, Inc. Sr Software Test Engineer in San Diego, California
Sr Software Test Engineer
0005271 Requisition #
ENVISON YOUR FUTURE AT CYMER!
Cymer, an ASML Company, is the leader in developing lights sources used by chipmakers worldwide to pattern advanced semiconductor chips. We're at the forefront of technology innovation because of the extraordinary efforts and ingenuity of our employees. Cymer is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Through innovation, Cymer is an integral part of today’s technology landscape and is leading the light Generation.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
We are looking for Sr. SW Test Engineers who have a passion for testing software for a distributed control system. Join Cymer/ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.
You will work with software test architect and software engineers, you will create test cases and test plans, and you will develop smoke tests, regression tests and software validation tests. You will determine the best test approach to ensure that delivered controls and software sub-systems meets all its functional requirements, by delivering automated test capabilities, employing best in class software quality management tools, ensuring complete software test coverage with the ultimate goal being the superior quality and on-time delivery of the controls and software sub-systems.
And you may ask, what does the control system software do? Well, the control loops involve data exchange at speeds up to 100 kHz while data collection for diagnostics purposes is done at up to 1Khz rate. There is interaction between control loops running on quad core boards and platform software that runs on IBM BladeCenter. Data is stored on board in postgres databases and is shipped via the fab network to data servers in San Diego. And our graphical user interface developed using Qt serves a complex set of users - operators, engineers, scientists and customers. And we don't forget safety, the control system has a Siemens PLC to ensure both human safeties are ensured and machine damage is prevented.
Come and join our journey and you will be challenged and rewarded as you work alongside a group of talented, passionate and fun-loving engineers. You can tell your friends – I work on semiconductor lithography machines that allow the printing of finer features for the next generation of chips that power the innovations in the world today.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop test strategy, test cases and test plans to allow delivery of fully tested and high quality controls and software sub-systems for all EUV projects.
- Develop test scripts (Python) for mechatronic systems, embedded control systems with complex algorithm software and data intensive systems with complex diagnostic and communication interfaces (EtherCAT, Profinet, TCP/IP).
- Work on automated tests that support various levels of testing of the product software – smoke, functional, regression and validation tests.
- Determine means and then develop enhanced capability in testing environment that allows issues to be found during testing in a simulated/emulated environment rather than testing on the actual product.
- Participate in software requirements, architecture and design reviews to provide testability input and to derive complex test scenarios.
- Ability to trace hardware and network connectivity issues, and use basic tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and pulse generators.
- Participates in the screening and selection of team members and in the mentoring of new team members.
- Work to meet the documented goals in the areas of test coverage and test effectiveness.
- Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related Eng. /Science fields. MS or Ph.D. in relevant field is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years in technical role
- Experience in leadership or test architecture for a complex multi-processor distributed control system, with demonstrated experience and skills to match the duties and responsibilities for this role is a plus
- Strong Python knowledge, Object Oriented Design principles and Test development for a complex distributed control system that has embedded and non-embedded elements.
- Ability to develop automated tests, test strategy, test cases and test plans to allow delivery of fully tested and high quality controls and software for the distributed sub-systems and system as a whole
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines with agility and results driven approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Project leadership skills.
- Ability to follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans’ and engaging in work product reviews.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members as well as individuals in other disciplines and organizations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Some travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to be on call and work hours as required to solve problems that arise with internal and external customers. External customers could be outside the US.
- The environment requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) and/or working in a manufacturing clean room environment from time to time.
Cymer offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
Cymer is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE