Cymer, Inc. Sr Software Integration Engineer in San Diego, California
Sr Software Integration Engineer
0005274 Requisition #
ENVISON YOUR FUTURE AT CYMER!
Cymer, an ASML Company, is the leader in developing light sources used by chipmakers worldwide to pattern advanced semiconductor chips. We're at the forefront of technology innovation because of the extraordinary efforts and ingenuity of our employees. Cymer is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Through innovation, Cymer is an integral part of today’s technology landscape and is leading the light Generation.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
We are looking for engineers who have a passion for managing and executing our software integration plan in order to meet the product roadmap and quality standards for a distributed control system. Join Cymer/ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.
The Software Release Integrator executes and guards the software integration process. They define and deliver the most efficient integration plans together with the SW Release Project Leader to meet ASML’s product roadmap needs. The plans need continuous adaptation and therefore, the Software Release Integrator will have to anticipate and take the appropriate steps. The Software Release Integrator will work with Software Engineers to integrate software changes intended for release.
Come and join our journey and you will be challenged and rewarded as you work alongside a group of talented, passionate and fun-loving engineers. You can tell your friends – I work on semiconductor lithography machines that allow the printing of finer features for the next generation of chips that power the innovations in the world today.
And you may ask, what does the control system software do? Well, the control loops involve data exchange at speeds up to 100 kHz while data collection for diagnostics purposes is done at up to 1Khz rate. There is interaction between control loops running on quad core boards and platform software that runs on IBM BladeCenter. Data is stored on board in postgres databases and is shipped via the fab network to data servers in San Diego. And our graphical user interface developed using Qt serves a complex set of users - operators, engineers, scientists and customers. And we don't forget safety, the control system has a Siemens PLC that ensures human safety and prevents machine damage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the team responsible for releasing software for a complex distributed control system to the field.
- Manage the content of each software delivery by working with developers – system engineering and program/project management.
- Work in a multi-site multi-project environment and monitor and track the progress of software changes being delivered.
- Support the integration of these deliveries into the baseline, the building of the software, the testing required - integration testing, alpha and beta testing and managing the software release.
- Influence the optimal way of working to ensure that software integration and configuration management ensure version control, workspace management and seamless parallel development.
- Work with many moving parts and deliver a quality software package on a published delivery cycle.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements, design and test documents as well as code reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related Eng/Science fields. An advanced degree (Master's, PhD), in applicable field or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Subversion (SVN) experience in the role of Build Manager.
- Knowledge of scripting/tooling (Python preferred).
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with Windows / Linux / Office applications.
- Applicable software integration and test experience.
- Relevant experience that demonstrates ability to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in defining software packages, stakeholder management, and software integration and release to the field.
- Have demonstrated leadership in working across multiple disciplines and sites to achieve the software release objective.
- Have developed and maintained schedules and progress dashboards, ensured specifications and design documents are written, reviewed and delivered in a timely manner, create progress reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated collaboration with systems engineering and project management to define software content.
- Ability to see the big picture without missing the important details.
- Ability to manage software deliveries on a published delivery cycle and ability to fast track a delivery to meet customer’s needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans and engaging in work product reviews.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members as well as individuals in other disciplines and organizations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Some travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to be on call and work hours as required to solve problems that arise with internal and external customers. External customers could be outside the US.
- The environment requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) and/or working in a manufacturing clean room environment from time to time.
Cymer offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
Cymer is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE