Cymer, Inc. Sr. NPI Project Lead in San Diego, California
Sr. NPI Project Lead
0005293 Requisition #
The NPI Project Lead prepares the factory to launch new products, participate in and/or lead teams consisting of Design Engineers, Process Engineers, Scientists, and Manufacturing Management, which specify, characterize, and control product performance. Implements DOE, Six-Sigma, Gage R&R, FMEA, DFM and other methodologies and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and purchases equipment needed to meet schedule requirements.
- Evaluates new product designs for manufacturability, quality, and reliability.
- Creates assembly and test processes and procedures.
- Creates data collection schemes.
- Develops/refines business processes.
- Facilitates completion of prototype and pilot production units to meet schedule requirements.
- Communicates concisely with peers and management (Status, issues, ideas for improvement).
- Evaluates and analyzes data acquired during test using programs such as MS Excel, MS Access, JMP, and Lab View. Makes recommendations for process modifications based on analysis.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Solid understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with DOE (Design of Experiments) techniques.
- Understanding of laser and optical component design theory desired but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings per GD&T Y14.5.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to recommend (using data) and implement sound solutions and strategies in a fast paced environment where priorities change often.
- Ability to solve difficult problems and separate symptoms from root causes.
- Able to create and analyze Bills-of-Materials.
- Able to learn and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to travel via air and auto approximately 5%.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in labs with equipment that emit high-pitched noise.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering; Optical Science; Physics preferred.
- Very strong computer skills required, including expertise with MS Excel and MS Word.
- 6-Sigma experience preferred.
- Experience with opto-electrical-mechanical products is preferred.
- Experience within the Semiconductor marketplace or a similar field of technology is helpful.
- Understanding of laser and optical component design theory helpful.
- Extensive experience with a wide variety of data acquisition equipment and software is helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.