Cymer, Inc. Sr Mechanical Engineer (Team Lead) in San Diego, California
Sr Mechanical Engineer (Team Lead)
0005341 Requisition #
Performs a variety of engineering tasks including designing, developing, testing, analyzing, troubleshooting, implementing subassemblies and modules on machine. Creates and evaluates designs to meet requirements of specified applications. Design activities include stress, thermal analysis, and tolerances.Researches and selects future key suppliers for consideration as turn-key providers of sub-systems. Develop resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters. Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies. Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to source critical supply requirements and drive new product development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Driven, hands on Sr. Mechanical Engineer, proficient in NX solid modeling and Team Center, to help lead the detailed design of complex mechanical devices, primarily used in the vacuum coating industry. Key to this position is the knowledge and experience to design custom, often one off, complex structures involving precision gas flow, temperature control with high uniformity, and high positional tolerances.
Requires experience in a wide range of thermal and stress analysis, knowledge of materials, fits and tolerances with a background of successful design, manufacturing and testing of complex industrial devices and sub-assemblies.
- Within the ASML Project Development Process (PGP) assume engineering responsibility for, and help manage less experienced mechanical engineers, in the design of complex structures and sub-assemblies.
- Provide a broad mechanical engineering background experience and perform full analysis (stress, fluids, vibration, thermal) to support design concepts.
- Work with diverse engineering team to develop and present concept reviews, detailed design reviews, FMEA analysis, track issues and document mitigation.
- Drive full documentation, including BOM, fabrication drawings, tolerance analysis, cleaning, packaging, and assembly procedures.
- Work with integration team to assembly and test components, analyze results and provide full documentation.
- Work closely with current suppliers on the manufacture or delivery of components and assemblies, help research and select new suppliers when required.
- Coordinate the purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, and receiving departments. Process purchase orders, field supplier questions and concerns and provide clear and complete documentation of problem resolutions.
- Track delivery of key components and assemblies to insure milestones and project deliverables are met.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Hands on experience in mechanical design and testing complex components and sub-assemblies.
- Proficiency in solid modeling; NX and Team center desired.
- Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis, NX-Nastran/Ansys desired.
- Experience with phased new product development process from concept to full release.
- Experience with Product Development tasks desired: bills of material, interfacing with vendors, procurement of material for prototyping, change management (ECs/ECR/ECO).
- Hands on experience and knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques highly desirable
Experience in vacuum technology
- Seal Design
- Outgassing of materials
- Glass and ceramics use and processing
- Thermal and electrical barriers
- Fittings, gages, clamps and general design practice
- Familiarity with clean room protocols
- Experience in DF(x) and Mechanical design principles (bolt calculation) etc.
- Experience in GD&T and Stack up analysis
- Travel within and outside the US may be required.
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in designing, fabrication, and testing of mechanical, electro-mechanical and/or opto-mechanical modules, and related system interfaces for capital equipment tools.
- Previous experience with lasers and laser systems strongly desired.
- Experience with vacuum deposition preferred
- Experience with custom vacuum process and debris control preferred
- Experience with product development desired.
- Experience in product development and industrialization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.The employee may occasionally work under manufacturing or laboratory environments, where the noise level is usually high.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.