Cymer, Inc. Sr. Global Technical Support Center Engineer in San Diego, California
Sr. Global Technical Support Center Engineer
0005306 Requisition #
Provide technical support to Field Engineers, local Technical Support Engineers and Integrator Site Operations Engineers, in the diagnostic, troubleshooting and repair of EUV Source products (software, hardware, vacuum and laser systems). Use established escalation and service management processes to provide timely responses to field situations, where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment. Report design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to Design Engg/Software Engg, and assist in problem communication and solution implementation to Integrator Ops/Regional Support personnel. Provide support to customers/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated. Identify issues emanating from Integrator and Service Ops that require engineering change. Utilize established change management and field change processes to follow-through with appropriate documentation and implementation for regional service and support organizations. Provide support and adhere to corporate processes associated with new product introduction, released products, quality, technical service reporting and field service communications. May be involved in customer installation launch teams, training and preparation associated with successful new product launch to customers. Domestic and international travel to clients’ sites.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering or related field, and 6 years of professional experience in the position offered or related capacity(ies), in a related semiconductor equipment position. Must have experience with:
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting of semiconductor equipment, and/or customer service on electronic systems/software systems
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written or graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R studies)
- Application of design methodologies and basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools
- Advanced experience with one or more software packages among: ProEngineer, LabView, JMP, Oracle DMR, Agile
- Systems performance related to data analysis, systems troubleshooting and applied technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, dealing with several abstract and concrete variables
- In-depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
This position is eligible for Cymer, LLC’s Employee Referral Program benefit(s).
TO APPLY: Apply online at http://www.cymer.com/ and search by position. EOE.