Cymer, Inc. Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, California
Senior Software Engineer
0005396 Requisition #
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: San Diego, California
Description: Work with software architects and control system engineers, and contribute in all aspects of the software development, to build, test and release design software for large complex multi-processor systems, based on software and controls requirement and design documents. Design and develop Test Specification Documents, and deliver software solutions of highest quality. Work in hard and soft real time domain with complex hardware interfaces and various communication protocols (TCP/IP, Ethercat, Profinet). Develop code for a distributed control system in different languages (C++, Python) on different OS environments (VxWorks, CentOS). Conform to the approved Software Development Process and the Program Development Process. Utilize knowledge to. Articulate (verbal and written) the design decisions and implementations made to management at Cymer /ASML, its development partners and the customer. Participate in the screening and selection of software development team members and in the mentoring of new software development team members.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, followed by 6 years of professional experience, in the position or related capacity(ies). Experience must include:
- Strong C++ knowledge, Object Oriented Design principles and embedded development
- Guiding a team in coding efforts for a distributed control system
- Coding in C++ or Python, on different OS environments (VxWorks or CentOS)
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats (using UML)
- Use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems
- Develop and understand complex control systems including embedded real-time, application layers, CORBA interface and its associated hardware environment
- Independently determine technical solutions, including test documentation.
- Data management, TCP/IP and other similar communication protocols
- Sophisticated knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools and systems analysis and design
- Project leadership skills
- Ability to follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans’ and engaging in work product reviews
- Presenting technical information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Writing reports, business correspondence, or procedure manuals
- Delivery of at least 3 mid- to large-scale software projects with demonstrable quality
- Hands on experience with refactoring for performance and scalability – complex multi-processor distributed control system
This position is eligible for Cymer, LLC’s Employee Referral Program benefit(s).
TO APPLY: Apply online at http://www.cymer.com/ and search by position. EOE.