Cymer, Inc. Senior Scientist in San Diego, California
0005394 Requisition #
Job Title: Senior Scientist
Job Location: San Diego, California
Description: Perform materials qualification for different parts of the EUV source exposed to the extreme environment. Request and analyze data obtained using materials characterization techniques (such as SEM, EDS, TEM, and so on). Work closely with cross-functional groups to understand current issues and develop cost effective solutions. Validate concepts through experiments. Independently investigate scientific and technical problems and challenges; evaluate and recommend solutions. Interact with suppliers and peers to help the manufacturing implementation process. Organize information in easily accessible format.
Requirements: Ph.D in Materials Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or related technical field. Alternatively, accepting Master’s degree in Materials Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or related technical field, followed by 3 years of professional experience in the position or related capacity(ies). Education or experience must include:
- Experience with Six Sigma methodologies (DOE, FMEA, or Gauge R&R)
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Application of advanced experimental and analytical skills to define requirements and devise solutions to technical performance matters
- Solid understanding in a wide variety of modern materials characterization techniques (such as SEM, EDS, TEM, FIB, EBSD and XRD)
- Experience with accelerated lifetime testing of materials
- Experience with data analysis software such as Excel, JMP, Minitab or Matlab
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position is eligible for Cymer, LLC’s Employee Referral Program benefit(s).
TO APPLY: Apply online at http://www.cymer.com/ and search by position. EOE.