Cymer, Inc. Senior Mechanical Engineer in San Diego, California
Senior Mechanical Engineer
0005259 Requisition #
Design and develop subassemblies and modules. Test, analyze, troubleshoot and implement subassemblies and modules for light source sub-systems. Design duties include stress, thermal analysis, and tolerances. Assist in generating module or system concepts to meet product requirements and perform detailed design and component layout for new and improved subsystems. Responsible for component and subassembly test development, data acquisition, analysis, and reporting. Support validating concepts through breadboard builds and analysis. Work with engineers and CAD designers for prototype and pilot detailed design and support driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings and procedures. Design verification testing and assist in management development activities using the Product Development Process including concept reviews, design reviews, proto builds, pilot builds, and verification testing.
Employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering or related field followed by five years of progressive work experience in job offered or in an engineering-related occupation. Position requires experience with:
- Geometric dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Product development including bills of material, interfacing with vendors, procurement of material for prototyping, and change management
- Mechanical stress, Deflection & Tolerance stack up analysis with hand calculations as well as with Pro-Mechanica & NX Simulation (FEA)
- Top down assembly layouts & large assembly management using ProE/NX 3d modeling software
- Cooling & gas flow calculation for optimization
- Conducting thermal mechanical distortion analysis
- Material selection with respect to Clean room standards &Responsible for the research and selection of new suppliers with potential for turn-key provision of key subsystems
- Field Issues resolution and management
- Hands on experience with Integration and thorough understanding about vacuum system
- Packaging optical metrology modules & development of Alignment tool including Ray tracing & Field of view analysis
This position is eligible for Cymer, LLC’s Employee Referral Program benefit(s).
TO APPLY: Apply online at http://www.cymer.com/ and search by position. EOE.