Cymer, Inc. Material Handler in San Diego, California
0005359 Requisition #
ENVISON YOUR FUTURE AT CYMER!
Cymer, an ASML Company, is the leader in developing lights sources used by chipmakers worldwide to pattern advanced semiconductor chips. We're at the forefront of technology innovation because of the extraordinary efforts and ingenuity of our employees. Cymer, is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Through innovation, Cymer is an integral part of today’s technology landscape and is leading the light Generation.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
Facilitates the receipt, verification, computer transaction and physical movement of all incoming inventory and non-inventory items. Transports material to other facilities as required. Maintains relationship between physical and transacted inventory in Production Work Orders. Participates in daily manufacturing meetings. Develops and maintains standard Operating Procedures for material handling related transactions and work procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and audits incoming receipts for part number and quantity accuracy
- Transacts goods receipts via SAP.
- Conduct weekly Cycle counts of inventory and provides root cause for inaccuracies.
- Maintains Production Work Order inventory accuracy.
- Participates on reconciliation teams during tear down of test rigs.
- Maintains workspace area to LEAN 5S Standards
- Expedites line down parts to the appropriate work centers.
- Coordinates with Work Cells to resolve discrepant receipts.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedure documentation.
- Prepares materials for shipment including packaging and documentation.
- Manages defective material movement and orders replacements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). May require AS or related degree.
- Requires minimum of four (4) years of experience; may have fewer years of experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with training others is preferred.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Oracle, and electronic e-mail systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee may be required to travel based on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to unload trucks via forklift and pallet jack.
- Ability to work with hand and power tools (impact wrench, drill, hammer, etc.)
- Requires employees and sub-contractors to work in a safe, professional, and ethical manner.
- Will require work for periods of time at a computer terminal, interspersed with meetings, phone calls and other communications activities.
- May require overtime on occasions.
Cymer offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
Cymer is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE