Cymer, Inc. Manufacturing Technician in San Diego, California
0005287 Requisition #
ENVISON YOUR FUTURE AT CYMER!
Cymer, an ASML Company, is the leader in developing light sources used by chipmakers worldwide to pattern advanced semiconductor chips. We're at the forefront of technology innovation because of the extraordinary efforts and ingenuity of our employees. Cymer is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Through innovation, Cymer is an integral part of today’s technology landscape and is leading the light Generation.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
Builds and tests laser sub-system prototypes and validates manufacturing processes, including sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support. Recommends changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Trains others on areas of test processes and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- Utilizes functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data; Makes recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- Uses specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Pressurizes Gas, and Water sytems with Helium and troubleshoot failures.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Applies labels to panels, modules, and doors to cleanliness and workmanship standards.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Requires minimum of four (4) years of experience.
- Full to advanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders, Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Basic understanding of laser systems is required.
- Strong mechanical / electrical / electronic background.
- Familiarity with cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Company policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-driven electronic systems, (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basic algebra.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Must wear disposable rubber gloves for entire duration of shift.
- Wearing of eye protection in manufacturing areas is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Cymer offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
Cymer is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE