California State University San Bernardino Quarter to Semester Project Manager (Administrator I) in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: Full-time, Temporary "Exempt" Position.
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning January 26, 2016.
Working under the leadership of the Quarter to Semester (Q2S) Conversion Director, the Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of the Q2S conversion project, starting in Fall 2015 and ending in Fall 2019, so that CSUSB can launch the semester system in Fall 2019.
"Please attach a cover letter, resume (or curricula vitae) and diversity statement. The diversity statement may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational/professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for the role you are applying for at California State University, San Bernardino. (Maximum 250 words)"
Plan the project
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the Q2S Conversion Director and the Steering Committee
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with the Q2S Conversion Director, the steering committee, the sub committees and other University stakeholders who will be impacted by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion Staff the project
In consultation with the Q2S Conversion Director, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of CSUSB
- Ensure that all project personnel receive appropriate orientation and training to the project
Serve as the liaison between project consultants and the Q2S conversion steering committee Implement the project
In collaboration with the Q2S Conversion Director and the steering committee, execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Establish and coordinate regular meeting schedules of the steering committee and sub committees
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule and provide regular updates to the campus community on the progress of the project
Review the quality of the work completed with the steering committee on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards Control the project
Write reports on the project for the Q2S conversion steering committee
- Establish and coordinate town hall meetings and other mechanisms to gather feedback from the campus community
- In consultation with the Q2S Conversion Director and the steering committee, make changes to the project plan based on feedback from the campus community
- Maintain the Q2S conversion website with process updates and committee agendas and minutes
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for the Q2S conversion steering committee Evaluate the project
Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phases Working Conditions
Project Managers usually work in an office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to of campus locations for meetings and conferences.
- Project Managers work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones. Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must possess the equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a related field experience in planning and/or management experience. A master's degree is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of project management
- Institutional knowledge of CSUSB
- Experience using project management systems and software
- Excellent communication skills Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full time, Temporary
Job Number: 2015-01040
Department: Academic Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: San Bernardino, CA