California State University San Bernardino Notetaking Accommodation Coordinator (ASC I) / Services to Students with Disabilities in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status:** Full-time , Probationary, "non-exempt" position.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm; Some evenings and weekends may be required. The work schedule for this position during the summer months is Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (30 minute unpaid meal period).
*First Review Deadline: * This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 16, 2016.
About the University and Services to Students with Disabilities:
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually.
The Services to Students with Disabilities (SSD) office is part of the Division of Student Affairs. The mission of the SSD office is to increase retention for students with disabilities by ensuring equitable treatment and equal access to all academic programs and facilities at California State University, San Bernardino. The SSD office acts as a catalyst and agent for compliance with federal and state laws that mandate equal opportunity and access for persons with disabilities.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Services to Students with Disabilities, the position will coordinate notetaking and smartpen accommodations for students based on established procedures. Typical job actives include, but are not limited to:
- General office responsibilities such as maintaining spreadsheets, entering data into office databases, organizing/scheduling meetings and communicating in written and oral formats.
- Work with students, staff and faculty on a variety projects such as troubleshooting with faculty and scheduling students for services.
- Incumbent will supervise student assistants. Typical job responsibilities includes recruitment, training, evaluating, scheduling and disciplining of student workers.
- Incumbent will help develop, implement and maintain technology programs, such as the SmartPen program, to assist students with disabilities. This includes providing student training on technology, trouble shooting issues, establishing procedures and researching innovative methods to assist students with disabilities.
- Task requires daily to weekly interactions/coordination with the employee(s) who oversees evening/Saturday note-taking services, SSD Counselors and the Director of Services to Students with Disabilities.
- Incumbent will complete other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
*Education and Experience: *Equivalent to a high school diploma combined with at least three (3) years of related clerical and/or administrative work experience. Completion of relevant college-level courses and work experience in an educational institution or public agency is highly desirable. Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Ability to:
Use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also required.
- Use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects;
- Apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist,
- Draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
- Work with a diverse group of people and establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00576
Department: Student Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $34,152.00 - $55,428.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA