California State University San Bernardino Media Project Program Analyst (Administrative Analyst/Specialist I)- Strategic Communication in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: * *Full-time, probationary "exempt" position.
Work Schedule:* *Monday- Friday, 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM, occasional evenings and weekends.
First Review Deadline: **This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning October 27, 2016.
Entry Qualifications: Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
Position Skill Level - Exempt I - Incumbents in positions at this level perform the full range of work related to program and policy research, analysis, development, evaluation, and/or operational and fiscal analysis related to an administrative specialty. Work requires applying a theoretical knowledge base to develop recommendations and conclusions. Incumbents often serve as program administrators.
*Position Summary: *The Media Project Program Analyst (Administrative Analyst/Specialist I) will work under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Strategic Communication and will oversee processing of client requests, translating requests into project and task deliverables, contributing to the creative outcomes of projects, ensuring all jobs adhere to approved CSUSB brand and graphics/editorial style guidelines, coordinating the office's project list and communicating status updates to clients. The role of the Media Project Program Analyst is to independently plan, execute and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Media Project Program Analyst will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Directs and coordinates project development from beginning to end; first point of contact for clients on all projects; evaluates client's needs and recommends/implements course of action; educates clients on all policies, procedures and brand guidelines.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with the Associate Vice President, Strategic Communication and stakeholders; translates client requests into project and task deliverables.
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Lead and participate in team creative briefings/brainstorming in order to ensure projects meet CSUSB approved branding and graphic/editorial style guidelines.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and clients in a timely and clear fashion. Establishes and communicates project expectations with team members and clients. Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel and identifies and resolves issues and conflicts.
- Estimates resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent changes where necessary.
- Plans, schedules, and tracks project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools. Delivers and presents progress and status reports as necessary.
- Proactively coordinates changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devises contingency plans.
- Conducts project post mortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develops best practices for project execution; assists in preparing documentation and training materials.
- Proof various resource material during various stages of development.
- Collaborate with outside contractors, vendors, freelancers, consultants, etc. when necessary in order to complete projects by deadline and within budget.
- Participate and represent Strategic Communication in CSUSB committees/meetings as needed to provide support for developing messaging strategies.
- Contribute to the Universities vision of being the Academic leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field.
Project management experience, as well as the ability to balance multiple projects and work effectively under deadline. Knowledge:
Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management.
- Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and the division's established project management software tool. Abilities/Skills:
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success in a team-oriented working environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to anticipate problems and resolve collaboratively.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to conduct research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks for program completion.
- Ability to understand and follow complex written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work well with clients with a wide range of technical skills and disposition.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Be able to understand, appreciate, and articulate the mission and vision of the University.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and work effectively under tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Must be a creative problem-solver.
- Must be able to maintain a friendly attitude during stressful conditions.
- Must be able and willing to take direction.
- Ability to produce in a fast pace work environment.
- Be willing to take advantage of professional development learning opportunities.
Be a self-starter completing assignments with little or no supervision. Desired Qualifications:
Two years' experience in Project Management.
- Working knowledge of University organizational policies, rules, regulations, procurement, purchasing.
- Experience in a higher education development or marketing setting is preferred. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00742
Department: University Advancement
Closing: 10/28/2016 11:00 PM Pacific
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $46,764.00 - $75,912.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA