California State University San Bernardino Manager of Academic Personnel in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: * *Full-time, regular "exempt" position.
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
First Review Deadline:This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning Dec 15, 2015.
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Academic Personnel, the Manager of Academic Personnel is responsible for overseeing a comprehensive faculty human resources program, providing strategic and visionary management and implementation of best practices to create an extraordinary performance model.
"Please attach a cover letter, resume (or curricula vitae) and diversity statement. The diversity statement may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational/professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for the role you are applying for at California State University, San Bernardino. (Maximum 250 words)"
**Typical Activities: The manager will provide leadership to exempt and non-exempt staff:
- Manage daily operations of Academic Personnel which includes oversight and accountability for the formulation and administration of policies.
- Actively assist subordinates as required, provide guidance, training and direction to office staff on academic personnel matters.
- Provide leadership to a team of analysts, manage campus employment program for faculty, graduate assistance and instructional support assistance which includes contract interpretation and application of federal and state employment laws.
- Monitor workflow, and manage project requests from the offices of the President and Provost, work with department chairs, deans and representatives from the Chancellors Office in the handling of sensitive situations regarding academic personnel, and provide input to the development and implementation of policies for department.
- Manage workflow of employment and compensation data, serve as a representative of Academic Personnel in making appropriate decisions related to Academic Personnel employment and compensation data used for reporting and decision making.
- Collect and analyze data, identify areas for improvement in the daily operations, work with college analysts on academic personnel matters.
- Collaborate with Director of Labor Relations on information needed to resolve grievances and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience is required.
- Master's degree from an accredited university along with the equivalent to five years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Recent record of increasingly responsible professional leadership experience in an academic environment is essential along with the ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures efficiently and effectively;
- Possess highly effective interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent oral and written skills;
- Familiarity with University and system-wide policies and procedures, especially campus policy manuals related to appointment and evaluation of faculty;
- Have working knowledge in managing conflict and dispute resolution;
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of people including, administrators, faculty, staff, department chairs, academic student employees, union representatives and the external community;
- Ability to comprehend and digest large amounts of information, and the ability to be flexible to adjust to competing priorities and work assignments;
- Have working knowledge of payroll processes as well as recruitment processes;
- Demonstrate excellent organization and problem solving skills and have a proven track record for showing an ability to work effectively under pressure, and responsive to multiple priorities;
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Excel and University personnel databases (i.e. PeopleSoft). Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2015-00833
Department: Academic Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: San Bernardino, CA