California State University San Bernardino Lead Custodian/Facilities Management in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Probationary position.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday, 1:30 PM – 10:00 PM and may transition to an alternate work schedule.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 6, 2016.
Current CSUEU employees receive preferred consideration.
The Custodial series is comprised of two classifications, Custodian and Lead Custodian. The series is designed for positions that provide general cleaning and custodial care and support for assigned campus buildings, facilities, structures and adjacent areas and/or portions thereof, including, but not limited to, campus offices, classrooms, science laboratories, art rooms, auditoriums, gymnasiums, locker rooms, health and child care centers, student residences, patios, entryways, walkways, and workshops. Custodial staff may work independently or as part of a custodial team.
In addition to performing the full range of custodial work of the Custodian, the Lead Custodian performs work assignments that typically include but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform the full range of custodial work as needed.
- Assist custodial staff in performing their duties; and provide support during absences.
- Train and instruct others in the performance of their duties, including appropriate custodial practices and techniques, and the safe use of equipment and materials.
- Assign, review, and inspect the work of assigned staff, including completing inspection forms.
- Assist in maintaining employee time records and reporting absences and provide input to employee evaluations.
- Coordinate custodial support for campus events.
- Identify and report equipment, supply, and repair needs.
- Identify and order necessary supplies and materials.
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
General knowledge of methods, materials, chemicals and equipment used in custodial work; working knowledge of safety and sanitation measures appropriate for custodial work. Abilities:
Ability to lead the work of others including the ability to provide on-the-job training.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with administration, faculty, students and other employees.
- Ability to analyze situations and take effective action.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Basic understanding of, and ability to use, computers for written communication, work order tracking, and ordering materials.
Ability to work with a diverse group of people. Experience:
Two years of custodial or janitorial experience wherein the individual has shown the potential for exercising working supervision over others. License:
Duties involve the use of a state vehicle which would necessitate possession of a valid California driver's license and the successful completion of the campus Defensive Driving examination. Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift, lower, push, and pull loads ranging in weight from 5-60 lbs.; must be able to carry loads ranging from 20-50 lbs. for distances up to 20 feet; must be capable of kneeling, reaching overhead, climbing stairs and ladders, walking, twisting, stooping, and bending; depending upon the project, employee may spend 20-50% of day sitting, 20-50% of day standing, 20-50% of day walking. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00624
Department: Administration & Finance
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $32,556.00 - $55,320.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA