California State University San Bernardino Internship Program Support (ASCI)/ Career & Development Center in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status:** Full-time, probationary "non-exempt" position.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (with adjusted summer schedule). Some evenings and weekend work may be required to support events and Career Center activities.
Salary:Salary is commensurate with experience.
*First Review Deadline: * This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 25, 2016.
*About the University and Career Center: *
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually.The mission of the Career Center is to support the career readiness of all students and alumni by providing advising, assessment, workshops, career events, employer networking opportunities, internships and job opportunities that result in the establishment or advancement of personalized career goals.
Position Summary: Positions in this classification are responsible for the full scope of project activities including initiation, execution, coordination, implementation, and evaluation. Incumbents may coordinate the office support for an entire academic, special program or administrative office, or for an administrative head to one of these offices. Incumbents are expected to use general office equipment and a full range of office support technology and systems including: one or more word processing and spreadsheet packages; use of a mainframe computer and on-line systems to enter data and generate reports; maintenance of desktop databases; and use of electronic and voice mail. Some positions may require the use of desktop publishing packages with graphics capabilities.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Under general supervision of the Director of the Career and Development Center , the incumbent will provide general office support and assist with the coordination of the Career and Development Center internship program. Typical activities include, but are not limited too:
- Incumbent will review all new and existing internship postings on a daily basis and assist in determining the validity of the posting and approve or reject with an explanation to the employer via written or verbal correspondences.
- Incumbent will perform research on employers that do not provide enough information for the Career Center to make an informed decision about the internship's legitimacy.
- Incumbent will review all candidates for Career Center Internship Scholarship/Award (CCIS) consideration to determine if funding criteria are met.
- Incumbent will accurately process all internship paperwork and communicate with applicants regarding the status of their application and follow up with applicants if their is missing internship documents. Provide tracking and support for the San Manual Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI) internship scholarship as it relates to student and faculty contact.
- Incumbent will create email templates, establish a communication calendar and provide content for all external internship related newsletters and flyers.
- Incumbent will act as a point of contact for the Internship Coordinator (IC) and will assist the IC with the tracking of all Student Placement Agreement documents that are required as a condition of CCIS funding.
- Incumbent will assist in the expansion of the Career Center's database, enabling students, faculty and staff to have access to internship and research opportunities and will meet with students to provide the internship process and requirements information.
- Incumbent will effectively develop evaluations and subsequent reporting using database to track intern demographics, internship experiences and employer evaluations of CSUSB interns.
- Incumbent will track and report on total hours worked, total dollars earned and any other required metrics for the CCIS funded internships.
- Incumbent will assist IC in development of Reports on all CCIS funded internships and will report on all funding criteria for the SMBMI funded internships.
- Under general supervision of the Career Center Director, the incumbent will provide front desk support coverage, answer student questions and be available to perform others duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Ability to:
Use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also required.
- Use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects;
- Apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist,
- Draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
- Work with a diverse group of people and establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group. *Education and Experience: *Equivalent to a high school diploma combined with at least three (3) years of related clerical and/or administrative work experience. Completion of relevant college-level courses and work experience in an educational institution or public agency is highly desirable. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00572
Department: Student Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $34,152.00 - $55,428.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA