California State University San Bernardino Instructional Designer (Information Technology Consultant, Career Level)/ Academic Technologies & In in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: Full-time, probationary, "exempt" position.
Work Schedule:Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*First Review Deadline: *This position will remain open until filled. The next review of applications will be on June 23, 2016.
CSU San Bernardino seeks a dynamic, self-motivated individual to provide assistance in instructional design and in building online courses and holistic degree programs to support the University's initiative for online and hybrid programs. The incumbent will report directly to the director of ATI and work with a team of talented instructional designers and technologists. The instructional designer will consult with faculty on instructional design, its processes, methodologies and timelines. The Instructional Designer will also partner with faculty in the development of instructional materials, assessments and multimedia production following industry-standard best practices.
The functions include but are not limited to:
- Promote instructional and pedagogical best practices for creation and delivery of online/hybrid courses.
- Work with instructors and program managers to insure timely completion and delivery.
- Design and develop teaching, learning, and assessment resources in a variety of formats to support curriculum offerings.
- Provide design and production assistance to faculty in the development of electronic delivery methods.
- Work closely with campus faculty and campus centers on issues of faculty professional development with learning technologies.
- Explore and make recommendations for educational software and tools for use by faculty and others, monitor closely technology trends and the latest research on online/hybrid teaching and learning.
- Consult with faculty on optimal design of curriculum and instruction and effective uses of multimedia.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must possess the equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related field, along with a minimum of two years of related experience. Applicants must be able to work relatively independently while applying technical judgment to standard and nonstandard applications and systems, solving a wide range of problems and developing practicable and thorough solutions, and using effective communication and listening skills. Applicants must possess well-developed organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
- 1-3 years of experience in a combination of instructional and curriculum design, development and implementation of on-line, hybrid or blended courses
- Master's degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design or a closely related field from a regionally accredited program
- Knowledge of learning models and learning-related research
- Previous professional experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, Blackboard preferred
- Online course development and/or online teaching experience
- Proven ability to collaborate with faculty on instructional frameworks based on both agreed-upon instructional objectives and best practices for online teaching/delivery;
- Experience with at least one of the following: (a) multimedia technologies such as graphics, audio, video, animation technologies, augmented reality, virtual reality, gaming; (b) learning analytics, statistical modeling, data analysis; (c) online and mobile pedagogues; (d) programming and/or software development.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and the ability to meet milestones and deadlines
Essential Skills and Abilities Customer-centric approach to service delivery; High level of digital fluency; Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Demonstrated use proficiency in multimedia tools, social media, and mobile technologies; and attention to detail, patience, and a positive attitude.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2015-00309R
Department: Information Technology Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 12:00 AM Pacific
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $52,464.00 - $116,196.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA