California State University San Bernardino Executive Director, Procurement & Support Services (Administrator III) in San Bernardino, California
*Employment Status: *Full time, "exempt" position, included in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP).
*Work Schedule: *Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, occasional evening and weekend hours.
*Salary: *Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
*First Review Deadline: *This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning April 22, 2016.
Please note: Please attach a cover letter, resume (or curricula vitae) and diversity statement. The diversity statement may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational/professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for the role you are applying for at California State University, San Bernardino. (Maximum 250 words)
The Executive Director (ED) for Procurement and Support Services works in partnership with campus leadership to develop strategic objectives and lead in their execution for functions under management. Functions under the purview include Contracts and Procurement, Accounts Payable, Travel Services, Property, Printing Services, Receiving and Mail Services.
The ED is charged with overall management of the University's comprehensive procure-to-pay function. It is one of the ED's primary objectives to position the University to take a leading role in the CSU system's larger strategic sourcing effort in order to maximize campus benefit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Finance & Administrative Services the ED operates independently within broadly defined organizational goals and objectives; provides guidance and input to the campus community on administrative policies and procedures; works collaboratively in developing strategies and providing comprehensive business analyses and guidance. The ED works collaboratively to develop tools and management information to aid in executive decision-making; identifies impacts and develops recommendations for the campus leadership.
- Responsible for the oversight of division resources. The ED monitors department resources and insures expenditures do not exceed allocated resources.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, policies, rules and regulations in performance of procurement and support services of institutional goals and objectives. The ED recommends, develops, and implements campus policy and procedures in response to the changing campus environment. The ED participates in policy development and collaborates with university stakeholders to address policy needs with special attention to those that impact the enterprise.
- Works with the senior managers to identify and implement efficiencies in the delivery of Finance and Administrative services efficiency initiatives; supports quality initiatives in the division and promotes efficient business practices through the deployment of human and financial resources.
- Works closely with auxiliaries on business initiatives to meet the needs of campus community while ensuring compliance with CSU policies, laws, and campus directives.
- Responsible for carrying out various special projects at the direction of the Associate Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services. ED will serve on various campus and Systemwide committees representing Finance & Administrative services and the Campus. Minimum Qualifications
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. *
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures. *Skills: *
Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude is highly desired. Education/Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in a related field with a minimum of eight years of related progressively responsible financial and administrative leadership experience.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
Public Higher Education experience is highly desired. Licenses, Certificates, Credentials:
Professional designation such Public purchasing certification(s) or other similar certification preferred. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00184
Department: Administration & Finance
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: San Bernardino, CA