California State University San Bernardino Evaluator I / Graduate Studies in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status:**Full-time, probationary "non-exempt" position.
Work Schedule:**Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
First Review Deadline: **This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 21, 2016.
Under general supervision, the incumbent will make determinations regarding eligibility for the granting of degrees based on knowledge and experience of records, transcripts and official documents in making evaluations against the appropriate criterion. The incumbent will perform a full range of routine, difficult and problematic cases using a high degree of accuracy.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review academic records against criteria for degrees.
- Determine relevance and value of credit and standing for status, majors, minors, degrees and specializations.
- Check accreditation of other higher education institutions from which credits were earned and determine level, content, unit value, and grading system.
- Provide students with interim reports regarding requirements needed for degrees.
- Write correspondence to seek records or interpretations of records from other institutions.
- Interpret campus and CSU degree requirements to individuals or groups: advise students individually in relation to interpretation and articulation of requirements, regulations, and other criteria elements.
- Articulate course and core requirements with schedules of classes.
- Keep records and make reports.
- Collect, select, organize and analyze data.
- Assist in maintaining the security of academic records. Minimum Qualifications
Equivalent to completion of a formal training program in academic records evaluation OR one year of academic records evaluation experience OR any 12-month combination of training and experience related to academic records evaluation.
- The format and interpretation of course records and transcripts of institutions of higher education.
- Authenticating course credits and comparing records of differing formats, such as foreign records.
- Campus curriculum requirements for majors, minors, terminal degrees, and special program designations, and knowledge of application of campus resource guidelines for making determinations using various criteria.
- Be thorough, consistent and accurate in the interpretation of records against criteria.
- Comprehend and interpret complex regulations or requirements and to apply them in the evaluation process.
- Maintain resources which document and update criteria.
- Explain criteria and evaluations to others.
- Make accurate records.
- Organize work to meet deadlines.
- Safeguard the confidentiality and security of records. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00676
Department: Academic Affairs
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $38,808.00 - $54,624.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA