California State University San Bernardino Director, Leadership Development and Employee Enrichment in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status: Full-time, "exempt" position, included in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP).
*Work Schedule: *Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, occasional evening and weekend hours.
*Salary: *Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
*First Review Deadline: *This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning July 25, 2016.
California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) invites applications for the position of Director, Leadership Development and Employee Enrichment. This position is an Administrator II in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) and reports to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, Administration & Finance Division.
CSUSB is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire, and it has the second highest African American and Hispanic enrollments of all public universities in California. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so. For more information on the campus, please visit the CSUSB website.
Required Application Materials: All applicants must submit 1) Letter of interest or cover letter, 2) Current resume or curriculum vitae, 3) Three references who can provide assessments of your professional experience, accomplishments and prospects for success in this position, and 4) Diversity Statement – may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for this role at California State University, San Bernardino (maximum 250 words).
Position Overview This position is responsible for directing the learning, training and staff development functions. Includes administering the CSU Fee Waiver and Reduction Program, managing a staff development center, assessing needs, and overseeing the design, development, implementation and evaluation of instructor-led, eLearning, and blended learning, formal trainings plus informal, social and collaborative learning activities to ensure that CSUSB staff have the knowledge, skills and abilities to competently perform their jobs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping develop a plan to increase training opportunities for staff. Through a university committee, the Director will lead the creation and and implementation of a staff development center and training plan by 2017.
- Establish and communicate departmental vision and collaborate with departments, colleges, and divisions to execute vision and staff development plans
- Determine current and emerging staff training needs
- Develop and oversee University-wide staff training and development plan, policies and procedures which cover core requirements for all staff and division or program specific requirements based on staff position
- Oversee the design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning/training programs
- Manage staffing/HR, budget, training-related vendors, partners, consultants, and contractors
- Optimize efficiency and cost-effectiveness of training solutions
- Publish and communicate internal and relevant external training opportunities
- Manage the training database, including the documentation and recordkeeping of all staff trainings for employee records
- Provide leaders regular access to training compliance data and specific training needs of their staff
- Monitor compliance with relevant legal training standards and requirements, and develop and initiate plans to improve compliance as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in business administration, organizational development/leadership, human resources management
- At least five (5) years of experience in human resources with an emphasis in administering training and development programs
- At least five (5) years' experience developing and delivering effective training programs
- Experience with managing a learning management system
- Must have demonstrated ability to conduct needs assessment and individual development plans
Must have effective communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation skills Preferred Qualifications:
Master's Degree in related field
- HR Certification (CPLP, PHR/SHRM-CP, SPHR/SHRM-SCP or equivalent)
- Higher Education experience
- Experience in PeopleSoft, Skillsoft/SkillPort Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 2016-00519
Department: Administration & Finance
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: San Bernardino, CA