California State University San Bernardino Desktop Support Technician (ITC - Foundation)/ Information Technology Services in San Bernardino, California
Employment Status:Full-time (non-exempt) temporary position with the possibility to become permanent
Work Schedule:Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will be on October 5, 2016.
Under direct supervision, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Assist level 2 technicians in performing basic desktop support of campus end-user computers, including both hardware and software issues using hands-on diagnostic and repair techniques. This involves assisting with virus/spyware/malware/adware removal, anti-virus software installation, and other software and hardware installations and configurations.
- Assist with Tier 1 telephone and email technical support for campus end-users including faculty, students, and staff, which includes assisting users with access to MyCoyote, Blackboard, Exchange and other campus resources, and logging all calls into the campus ticketing system for escalation and documentation. Remote computer assistance is occasionally performed whereby the end-users will authorize the Technology Support Center Staff to log into their remote computer to perform diagnostics and help resolve issues.
- Assist with walk-in end-users who need help with activating their CoyoteID, issues relating to software, hardware, the campus wired and wireless networks, and with access to campus resources such as MyCoyote, Blackboard, and Exchange.
- Collect and log faculty tests, SOTEs, and student computers that need to be repaired.
- Work cooperatively with the Technology Support Center and the Enterprise Applications group to learn, expand, and promote the proper use of Information Technology systems on campus. Assist in the creation and editing of documentation, user guides, and materials for other support technicians and end-users.
Other related duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
Equivalence of a Bachelor's degree in Information Management, Computer Science or a related field
- Equivalence of one (1) year of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability in managing time and priorities
- Customer-centric approach to service delivery
- High level of digital fluency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in developing processes to test, evaluate, and recommend use of computing technologies
- Must have knowledge in the configuration and installation of hardware and software systems.
- Applicant must have knowledge of both Mac & Windows operating systems.
- Applicant must have experience in using Microsoft Office software (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Equivalence of one (1) year of related experience
- Proficiency in hardware and software technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details and to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Patience and well developed interpersonal relations skills.
- Previous professional experience working in a higher education environment. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Job Type: Full time, Temporary
Job Number: 2016-00714
Department: Information Technology Services
Agency: California State University, San Bernardino
Address: 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, California, 92407.
Phone: (909) 537-5138
Salary: $41,640.00 - $71,928.00 Annually
Location: San Bernardino, CA